revolver in pre steadfast ranger survival game?

redfish

in short I'm playing a game I had going well before steadfast ranger, will a revolver/bullets still spawn in? 

if so, will it only spawn places I have not already checked?  or can it magically appear in  a car I visited earlier and that was empty at that time for instance.   Problem is I already visited  most places so if thats how it works I don't have much hope for finding it

@redfish I had 400+ day game which started loooong before Steadfast Ranger, and after I installed the update, I decided to go on a "tour" of the map to look for the new items. I've found a few Go! energy drinks, multiple revolvers, many revolver rounds, and 3 revolver study books so far. So installing the update will definitely spawn the new items for you, but you may need to visit a lot of places to find them.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, redfish said:

thanks  for the info guys!
So far I have only found containers marked 'empty', no gun or rounds or drinks but I have found a revolver book!    I'll keep looking then!

@redfish Another thing I'd add is to make sure you're looking on floors and surfaces in addition to containers. I found a decent number of rounds scattered loosely in unexpected places, and they're hard to notice due to their size. 

Just last night, I found myself a revolver at the Desolation Point area on an old save so I can confirm that you don't have to start a new game to get it. I can't exactly pinpoint the consistecy of its spawn points, but check around key/previously looted areas - they could be lying around. Bullets are all around too, but given that I'm playing a Voyageur save, it could be harder to find in higher difficulties.

Try revisiting the key areas on the maps and don't skip the interiors because they could very well spawn there too. You might even chance on them plus some new items from the update.

Edited by JujuBear

On 7/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, hozz1235 said:

You will only find them in un-searched containers or loose.  I have to admit, I didn't find as many (especially books) as I would have thought in my older save (Voyageur). It's going to be really close to get lvl 5 revolver.

I had reached lvl 5 on all the other achievements in my longest game, so I needed a foolproof way to get lvl 5 on the revolver or risk wasting all of that work. So I read 2 (maybe 3?) revolver books, and then killed pretty much every animal in Mystery Lake. 

This is sort of cheating, but I figured if I ran out of bullets, I'd be screwed. Like you said, since it was an older save, I feel like I ended up with less revolver bullets than I would have. So I restarted the game if I happened to miss a shot, and I ended up reaching lvl 5 pretty quickly.