bear skin bed roll

0celot

• 3 weeks later...

There's a bunch out in Pleasant Valley (whose pun it is to be named that way is beyond me, since it's not pleasant at all).

I've not killed one since I'm always facing the same problems. As soon as I get a little bit ahead, the game throws a 3 day Snow blizzard my way to make sure I can't get new food and I'm starving again.

• 6 months later...

Unless you happen to kill a few Bears in self defense it's not worth hunting them from for the bed role the will wreak your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ O you still want it ok well give the bear 2 shots then duck inside for the next 24 hours by then it will have blead out or given up and left

• 8 months later...

I came across my first bear yesterday in Mystery Lake.  My clothing is so good that I'm always warm except in the harshest of conditions, so the need to kill a bear isn't there for me.  I've actually discovered two rifles in Mystery Lake, but between defending myself from wolves and snaring rabbits, I haven't even had to kill a deer.

I think you should only try to get the bearskrin bedroll if you plan to go on TM and sleep outside. Otherwise it doesn't worth the risk.

To kill a bear what you can do is put some meat in front of him, once the bear is interested by the meat shoot it with your riffle or bow then light a flare and run for your life. At some point it'll get scared and run. Follow the blood track and you'll find it dead somewhere.

• 1 month later...

I thought I had read somewhere that there was one bear per map, and that they don't respawn.  I was in Pleasant Valley and managed to down a bear unscathed and got so much meat off of him that I could barely (bearly?) walk.  I thought, "No more worries when it comes to bears in Pleasant Valley...".  You can imagine my dismay when, about a week later, a bear comes sauntering across the field toward me.  On topic, though, I haven't made a bedroll out of the skin.  It is cured and serving a bearskin rug right now.

I may be wrong but I thought I seen in another post that Bear's respawn 10 days after killing one. I have seen this in PV at the Farmhouse. Killed 3 Bear's to get the hides/meat. Made the bedroll with 2 hides and used the 3rd as a backup to repair it when needed. I did this to travel to TWM and worked out pretty good. 

Archived