SANDBOX UPDATE v.192 is now Live! New Region, New Wildlife!

Raphael van Lierop

Why did you have to make the bear take so many bullets? I swear it took about 5 bullets to the head! (Unless I didn't hit him every single time). Nonetheless, very fun playing on the new map! A lot of it is just fields and forest, but that just adds to the vastness of the game. This is essentially a sort of last stand area, where you've got really good gear from Mystery Lake and Coastal highway, and are looking to scrounge a bit more to survive for even longer. Lovin' it!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent some time getting to know the new wolf AI and I'm really liking it. The "Generic Patrol Guard" AI from the last versions seems to have been removed in favor of a kind of small pack stalking behavior. On the plus side the wolf-heavy areas can sometimes be completely empty of wolves. But then you never know when two or more will just show up. This should both help reduce the problems of lingering around certain spots on the map and help keep players from "gaming" the wolves by learning their daily routes.

I got killed by a bear when I was down on health in the new map, so I started out new in the lake for a change up. I shot a wolf that killed a deer out past the first fishing hut on Mystery Lake, it was a big deer so I'm carting over 9kg of meat, hide and gut back to the park office. Got accosted by a wolf running in from the office approach. Shot it, went and stashed the venison in the office, went straight back out and stripped the wolf meat. Immediately I finish that I'm accosted by yet another dog from the left side when facing the office and have to shoot him as well.

I now have something close to 20KG of meat to cook all at once. I think the changes to the wolves are a bit extreme guys. Just my take on it.

Yes it's now almost impossible to harvest a carcass without attracting a wolf nearby, I too am walking out of most encounters with ~20kg in my bag, but two bullets shot.

PRO TIP: first harvest hide and gut, then meat. I'm under the impression that it's only the meat what attracts other wolves from far away. If you do it last you might have just enough time to get away.

After going around for hours i can count that the new map have 6 caves, 5 i all over the outside wall and 1 in under the signal post.

The bear dont kill any animal but you, and any others animal will run away from bear.

I killed 2 bear but... they just have about 4 KGs of meat, 1 hide, 2 guts. Seriously, 4kgs of meat, not even compare to wolf, so little.

There is at least one bunker in the new region. I accidently stumbled across it after a bear nearly killed me. That was the second time a bear left me with 10% health by the way. Seems that's how they behave.

[spoil][attachment=0]bunker new region.jpg[/attachment][/spoil]

Can you give me a screenshot with address in it. thanks.

I just tested today Mistery Lake area in Voyageur about respawning wolves.I was staying in Trapper"s for 10 days.Like on most regions,except Mystery Lake and Clearcut,there are always two wolves guarding their teritory.Second day staying there I killed both.Then it was three days without any wolf in sight in that area.They respawned both again after three days.I went to kill them both again and next day there was none there again.I had now in my backpack raw wolf meat,to see,if that will attract wolves sooner to this region.I was patroling for two days on ridge and on the far edges of area,but again wolves respawned in three days.And,whille there was no wolves,I didn"t see any deer there,either.In fact,on my second observing,I saw first two deers comming down the edge and few moments after that wolf appeared on opposite side.After few moments second wolf came from Max Last Stand area.

I noticed also earlyer,that there were no wolves at Derailement,either.One day before I got almost killed by two wolves there,pulled out with 1% (!!!),but miracleousy I manage to return to Camp Office and survive that,lol.Next day I went to Camp Loading area and I passed Derailement.I saw there both wolves dead,but no new ones,neither I notice them,when I returned back from Camp Loading.

Thank you all at Hinterland Studios for you continues work on an already great game, keep it up.

+ Damn you made bears hard to kill (bear-traps next perhaps?).

+ Lords, is it punishing on Stalker mode (not complaining).

+ Yay! Vegetation.

+ Game is till drawing me in after 180 hours. That's solid game creation in my opinion.

I absolutely adore your creation.

• 1 month later...

Archived