How do I harvest the transponders?

This is probably a stupid question.

So I'm finally getting around to playing Episode Two Redux, and I've gotten to the point where I'm at the first shortwave tower. I found the metal box you can interact with attached to the tower, and I go to open it, it opens, and...nothing happens. The only other thing I can do is close it. There's no option to extract or harvest or whatever the transponder parts. Is it a glitch or am I supposed to have like a toolbox with me or something else entirely? I've got to admit, I'm completely stumped.

4 hours ago, Hawk said:

When you open the box the transponders are automatically added to your inventory. You should see a message pop up, near the top right I believe.

Oh, I guess I missed the message, although usually they're pretty obvious. Also, I can't find it anywhere in my inventory. Which section of inventory is it listed in?

@Obsidian Productions
You will likely find it in your "Journal Items"
This has been used to "store" items essential to the story so that you don't also suffer the a weight penalty for having to lug around "plot devices."  :D 
Notable example: The Bear Spear (once obtained/repaired it's found in your journal item inventory as opposed to in your pack - and is effectively weightless as a result)

(Anyone please correct me, if I am mistaken)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Obsidian Productions
You will likely find it in your "Journal Items"
This has been used to "store" items essential to the story so that you don't also suffer the a weight penalty for having to lug around "plot devices."  :D 
Notable example: The Bear Spear (once obtained/repaired it's found in your journal item inventory as opposed to in your pack - and is effectively weightless as a result)

(Anyone please correct me, if I am mistaken)

Ehh my only Episode 2 save is on the Renewed Hope mission, and since Jeremiah keeps the spear after you take out the bear, I can't confirm at the moment.  But if I recall correctly the broken spear goes into your journal, and serves to unlock the forge blueprint.  Once you repair the spear, I believe it goes into your inventory as an actual item with weight (I think it was 4kg but not sure) so that you can select it via the radial menu.  And then of course once you kill the bear Jeremiah keeps it.

@ajb1978, I'd have to go back and check as well... as I remembered it, the repaired spear was indeed equip-able with the radial or #2 hotkey, but that I was still only able to locate it in my journal.  I don't recall it ever being in my item inventory...  Now, the extra spear heads I made... those definitely were in my item inventory.  (I do completely acknowledge that I could be mis-remembering - but I've got this "I could have sworn..." feeling about it)

Again though, I would have to go back and check to be sure.

I need to go back and do another play through anyway since they revamped the old bear's cave with Steadfast Ranger... :D considering I didn't have much trouble in the first place, I've been curious to see what Raph meant in the video by describing it as less frustrating.  I loved the Redux Bear Encounter... I hope they didn't shorten or cheese it too much.  I very much enjoyed having to sneak around with the Old Bear... for me it make for some great and tense game play :) 

Suspense.jpg.77e3603237201ae17a8002d5256d4ab0.jpg

Edited by ManicManiac

So I finally managed to confirm that the transponder parts are indeed in the mission critical inventory, along with keys and documents. Also the bear spear.

On an unrelated note, I don't seem to be getting notifications anymore on this site whenever someone responds on a topic, and I did in the beginning. Does anyone know anything about that?

11 hours ago, Obsidian Productions said:

On an unrelated note, I don't seem to be getting notifications anymore on this site whenever someone responds on a topic, and I did in the beginning. Does anyone know anything about that?

Hmm..you are following this thread.  You're not seeing notifications (the bell-shaped icon in the upper right corner of the page)?

Edited by hozz1235

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Hmm..you are following this thread.  You're not seeing notifications (the bell-shaped icon in the upper right corner of the page)?

So, I actually got a notification for THIS response, but I know for a fact for the past several days that I should have gotten notifications for responses to some of my threads. Weird. Hopefully it was just a weird glitch.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, ManicManiac said:

@ajb1978, I'd have to go back and check as well... as I remembered it, the repaired spear was indeed equip-able with the radial or #2 hotkey, but that I was still only able to locate it in my journal.  I don't recall it ever being in my item inventory... 

Well I'm replaying Ep 2 and just forged the spear.  I must have been imagining things, because the spear is not an inventory item.  It's available via the radial menu or by cycling through the 2 key, but doesn't actually have any weight.  I'm unable to drop it, or RMB it to place it into the world.