As i play survival and I'm scavenging everything and mapping. It got me thing do thing's respond after sometime? Because how long can someone survive once the last match is gone? And why isn't there flint in the game like in the mines or caves Or stones to sharpen tools besides the wetstone.

A question about the moose bag, why is the bag so small when the hide is so big and moose are not easy to kill. Why does it take 2 moose hides to make a small bag? 

Posted (edited)

@Tohono O'odham Man,

Apart from matches there is the fire striker... effectively the flint & steel you are referring to, though I'm fairly certain it's actually modeled after a magnesium striker (but still synonymous in purpose).  Also, once your last match is gone, you still have the magnifying glass as a long term ignition source.

As to your whetstone question, if I remember correctly Raph weighed in on this before (mailbag maybe - I don't remember exactly).  To paraphrase, they feel that the whetstones are plentiful enough that the majority of players will have died long before they would exhaust the world of whetstones.  For those who do live long enough, and are cavalier with their tools and wear them down quickly... once all whetstones are ruined, you still have access to the resources necessary to make improvised tools (which will extend your survival potential until  you exhaust all sources of metal - which I think general consensus is that would take a very long time).

As to the relative size of the moose pelt to the moose satchel... it's a video game :D (the flare shells for the distress pistol aren't really proportionate either - as in, the shells are something in the order of twice the diameter of the chamber).  However, I suppose from an RP stand point... we might consider that the satchel is double lined (which would reasonably use twice as much material).  ...I don't know.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

TLD is a game where, in the end, you are eventually going to die (unless you're good at beach-combing). You will run out of matches, you will run out of sewing kits and fishing lures, you will run out of tools...eventually. It's all about how long you can last and what memories you can make along the way.