Surprise Mechanics Or Loot Boxes

Ice Hole

Find loot post it here.  Some crates have loot inside them.

The first time I noticed there is loot inside crates was at TMW inside the plane.  The crates can contain peaches; lighter fluid, matches; rope, scrap metal.

Another area that has loot crates is at the forge in FM.  Here the loot is dog food; lighter fluid, matches.

In Milton at the plane crash there are small loot crates that can contain clothing or lighter fluid.

These items all appear on interloper.

Post loot found, where and what difficulty level.

Thank you HL team for allowing loot boxes in game and not as a means of milking your customers.

• Like 1

There are a few crates in the Broken Railroad forge (Maintence Yard) that contain items:

One of the three on top of the plank ramp contains 3 or 4 different random items.  I've found an ear wrap there or gauntlets and often ammo.

The one near the bottom of that same plank ramp (but not the ones underneath it) contains dog food (usually 3 cans)

There is a crate near the cage entrance (the cage the ultimately leads to the washroom) that usually has accelerant or lighter fuel.

Edited by UpUpAway95

Guest jeffpeng

Those are actually all the notable locations I can think of. Maybe this could be the start of a new challenge: "See crate, kill crate."

I have delivered newspapers and books, gathered Battery, now for something completely different.

Killer Crate

Your title was not that far off.

3 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Maybe this could be the start of a new challenge: "See crate, kill crate."

Not a crate, but in the upstairs storeroom of Grey Mother's house there's a lighter fluid can hidden behind some cloth that's hanging off one of the shelves.

And underneath the overturned sofa in the Coastal Highway lookout tower there are sometimes some rifle rounds hidden. (obviously not on Interloper)

I have a vague memory of breaking down cardboard boxes (in Quonset?) to find flares.

(I always play on Custom settings these days, so I'm afraid I can't tell which ones might be equivalent to the preset Experience modes.)

Edited by Pillock
  • Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
On 7/9/2019 at 4:48 PM, Ice Hole said:

I have delivered newspapers and books, gathered Battery, now for something completely different.

Killer Crate

Your title was not that far off.

I actually plan on visiting Vancouver Island next year. Somehow I expect to meet you there in the wilderness, wielding car batteries, dressed in newspapers, sitting on a pile of trashed crates.

Just last night I was on pilgrim found loot in a pipe.  Not once but twice in the same area.

screen_65891524-ff2b-465f-91fb-9346d09bf396.thumb.png.f42a0749c451cd41072634ed2c38c968.png

22 hours ago, Pillock said:

I have a vague memory of breaking down cardboard boxes

Cardboard boxes are now on the hit list too.

1 hour ago, jeffpeng said:

I actually plan on visiting Vancouver Island next year. Somehow I expect to meet you there in the wilderness, wielding car batteries, dressed in newspapers, sitting on a pile of trashed crates.

I will be there in spirit.  Find me up in the mountains or ask my friends down at the playground they know where to look.

10 Goat Playgrounds That Will Make Your Kids Jealous

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ice Hole said:

Just last night I was on pilgrim found loot in a pipe.  Not once but twice in the same area.

screen_65891524-ff2b-465f-91fb-9346d09bf396.thumb.png.f42a0749c451cd41072634ed2c38c968.png

Don't know how commonly known it is, bit there are a couple of places outside the Carter Dam (Winding River side) where containers or backpacks can spawn inside those pipes. Access is blocked by piles of pallets which must be broken down before you can get to them.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

There are a few crates in the Broken Railroad forge (Maintence Yard) that contain items:

One of the three on top of the plank ramp contains 3 or 4 different random items.  I've found an ear wrap there or gauntlets and often ammo.

The one near the bottom of that same plank ramp (but not the ones underneath it) contains dog food (usually 3 cans)

There is a crate near the cage entrance (the cage the ultimately leads to the washroom) that usually has accelerant or lighter fuel.

I JUST bashed the crate closest to the middle of the building (at the top of the plank ramp you mentioned) and got an MRE and an ear wrap.  Thanks!  I never thought to walk on the planks. 🥴😧

• Upvote 1