What references would you love to see in this game?

alexander

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

ps. I'm against random references out of nowhere (eg. big bang theory / metal gear solid / and other unrelated crap)

What !!!! And Bear Grylls isn't crap ??

Corpse of Bear Grylls in a patch of yellow snow.

LOL

This must be in a game!

This looks like sour grapes from someone that doesn't like the man. It really doesn't bother me, as people have their own opinion, but honestly, a Dead body thats been pissed on, whoever it is, is just down right disrespectful in this world . . . . Why not WaterBoard the bloke ??

Yea thats right, you hit a nerve !!!!

Corpse of Bear Grylls in a patch of yellow snow.

LOL

This must be in a game!

ps. I'm against random references out of nowhere (eg. big bang theory / metal gear solid / and other unrelated crap)

Bear Grylls references would be just as out of nowhere as references to other games. That's why they are just references, nothing immersion breaking.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pacific Northwest is home to amazing Aboriginal Folklore. I can't recall if this myth has a particular name, but it refers to a tribe with a settlement on the shore of the northern waters.

The myth states that when a family, consisting of a mother, father and daughter went to bed for the night, a wolf creature snuck in and lay with the daughter. Nine months later, she gave birth to three deformed children. Her father, disgusted with her spawn, took the three infants and his daughter, out to sea on a small boat, leaving his wife to wait on the shore.

He told her daughter that the creatures are of unnatural descent and could be a hazard to their settlement.

When the boat reached far into the waters, the father asked her daughter to throw the children overboard and let them drown. She did so reluctantly, kissing each one before letting go, watching as each child disappeared into the water. Afterwards, the father, with tears in his eyes told his daughter that she had become a disgrace to her family, and pushed her overboard to join her kin.

As the myth goes, when his daughter grabbed the boat to climb back in, he cut off her fingers. They became the seals in the ocean. She tried to climb in again, and he cut off her hands. They became the walruses of the ocean. When she tried once more, he cut off her arms. These became the whales in the sea. Her body sunk to the bottom of the ocean, and she became the mother of the beasts who roam the ocean.

The father never made it home that day, but the mother still waits on the shore for the arrival of her husband and her daughter.

Want a good reference? How about we stumble upon the woman waiting by the shore, still looking over her family. Hints can be found near by that tell the tale.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived