What references would you love to see in this game?

alexander

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see a dice pop up into the game, and for a chapter you solely made decisions on what is thrown. It could be a veiled reference to "Sheldon" from The Big Bang Theory (My all time favourite show) where in one episode he ate, traveled, work, watched on TV and everything in his daily life came about by rolling the dice.

I love the concept, and have known of people to even do this IRL to either have a change, or to live life on the edge, not knowing what was around the corner.

This could be a Mini-game or as i said a chapter, but in a survival situation, would you roll the dice to make life changing decisions for you ???

I think not . . . . . Moooooooohahahahahhahahaha

As cool as the Big Bang Theory is, I don't really think an easter egg like this would really fit into a game like TLD. Perhaps if there was a mini-game sort of area that would be cool, something completely outside of the regular game or survival sim aspect.

As cool as the Big Bang Theory is, I don't really think an easter egg like this would really fit into a game like TLD. Perhaps if there was a mini-game sort of area that would be cool, something completely outside of the regular game or survival sim aspect.

Yea. . . . . Nah, i dont agree, well to a point. It doesn't have to be a reference to TBBT, but the genre of Book's that were out when i was a kid. The Choose your own Adventure Books, where i would spend hours and hours getting complete different stories, and i remember filling up pages and pages of page numbers and which tangent i went on.

It would be cool to see this , say left in someones home, and once you found it, in the next 24 hrs, you HAVE to roll the dice, to see where it takes you, and you either take the road that was set out by the roll of the dice, or you gamble and not take the road the dice set out, and risk loosing something ?? But ultimately its only a 24hr in game thing.

Its found in a old cookie tin, tobacco tin, or similar with a story about the person theta left it there and the reference that he loved the Choose Your Own Adventure Books and because of that, that is how he followed his life . . . . . . But i think this might be more suited in the IF YOU COULD ADD ONE GAMEPLAY ELEMENT TO THE GAME WHAT WOULD IT BE? thread, where ill post this too. . .. ?!?!?!? Now I'm confused lol

I'm a fan of Metal Gear Solid series and I'd be a happy camper if I saw some kind of reference to Solid Snake's time as a dog musher (I've no idea if that's the proper way to say it) in Alaska. Maybe leave some kind of tape behind that the player can listen to (wink wink, David Hayter).

I would like to see the dollar amount of kickstarter money invested pop up somewhere. Maybe as coordinates on the map of a place you can go to where you find a bunch of mini hinterland games to play.

maybe a newspaper/magazine article about the kickstarter funding for the game sitting on a table.

maybe a rocky outcrop/forest/grassy meadow that looks like the hinterland logo from above

Guest emily_hinterland

I love when this thread is updated, you're all so creative! It's a wonder we haven't seen TLD fanfic from any of you yet... ;)

I think it would be amazing to see the phrase "Alas, Babylon" scratched into the side of an abandoned barn or something. Or is that just too obscure?

Another cool reference would be to either Zachary Bass, the protagonist in the movie A Man in the Wilderness, or his real-life counterpart Hugh Bass. Who knows, we might be facing some of the same obstacles he did. I wonder if I'd know to save my life by crawling to a rotting log and letting the maggots eat the infection out of my gangrenous leg? Or be able to set my own broken leg, or figure out how to cover my open wounds while crawling through the dirt and muck? Maybe we'll come across an injured animal and have to decide between eating it and helping it.

A reference to the Tom Hanks character in Cast Away? Finding a pair of ice skates in an abandoned shack, that I can take with me to use as a tool? Or a FedEx box containing a randomized item? Or is that too silly?

Archived