Does everyone remember?

Tbone555

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, DerpyLemon115 said:

Remember back when the game would tell you the exact time it was? Then later it was change to tell you about how many hours it was until sunset/sunrise. Now we have a nice and fancy image showing where the sun and moon are.

I deviated on a similar discussion on another thread, but it seems like it's more appropriate for this one:

6 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I think of that more as Will/Astrid's estimation of the time of day based on their approximation of the passage of time (and also when they look up at the sky).  I'm glad the team moved away from the earlier UI were it told the precise time.

I also appreciate they stopped expressing condition as an absolute percentage, this way the player has to make an estimation based on the visual representation of how the character "feels." 

I like this approach much better.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac

I only remember the "truly" early days, thanks to the limited run of the 2014 Anniversary Edition, that some of us were lucky enough to get to play (which I do wish Hinterland would run again sometime for newer players who have only recently come into the game). I came into the game just over 3 years ago now. About midway between the very first Early Access version of the game, and where it is now. If Hinterland would make a paid DLC, an all-Anniversary DLC, showing the game from year to year, at the point it was at on the Anniversary of it's launch on Steam Early Access, and XBox Game preview, with developer commentary (from people who worked on the game at each stage in its development, not just Raph)- I would buy it. Just to support the studio, and to have the chance to go in, and catch a short glimpse of what the game looked and felt like as it got bigger, and better. What did it feel like when The Ravine and Coastal highway were first added? When Desolation Point was first added? When Mystery Lake was first changes and updated. You all can tell me how it felt for you, but that does not tell me how it might have felt, or would feel, to me. Those "first time" experiences are unique to each of us, totally subjective. I would pay to be able to experience that, for the time before I knew about and fell in love with the game. The "WhatIfSyndrome", I suppose. 

• Like 1

That wolf depicted is grey and not black like the others we have met.  The timberwolf shown in the chapter three released screenshot is grey.  The new timberwolf might be following us around trying to get close using stealth.  My behaviour in the early days of playing TLD of looking back over my shoulder to see if I was being followed might be a habit to return.  

The prototype footage mentions other survivours.

The statement at 3:43 "avoid hostile survivors while travelling", makes me wonder.

When was this feature removed from the roadmap?

Currently we have "survivors' within the story mode, but, they all seem to be scripted events having a certain area to meet them and not just out in the wilds.  Would be interesting to have random encounters within survival.  Maybe after a set amount of days we start to see footprints and campfires from the these other survivours.

The return to the old game states would make an interesting DLC.  Maybe I am wrong but would it be exclusive to PC because the console port was not part of the code.  On a similar note maybe we can ask Hinterland to stream live gameplay from these early game states.

4 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

The return to the old game states would make an interesting DLC.  Maybe I am wrong but would it be exclusive to PC because the console port was not part of the code.  On a similar note maybe we can ask Hinterland to stream live gameplay from these early game states.

Not sure how, or if it would work on consoles. Or if the Nintentdo Switch port ever gets made, if it could be added there. I know TLD was shipped on XBox One in Game Preview in June of 2015, so theoretically there should be some earlier versions for that console archived, somewhere. But not back to the Day1 version that was released on Steam in September 2014. 

May not be financially feasible for Hinterland to make the DLC I asked for, especially with how gamers these days tend to not want to pay full price for anything, especially independently made games vs. AAA games. But, a gal can dream, right?

• Like 1