Carcass Harvesting Leveling Up

Martin Prchal

I don't think it's necessary since I've not had a problem obtaining enough meat once you get the bow and arrow or rifle.  What they did is reduce the time you spend harvesting each animal and enable harvesting fully frozen carcasses with your bear hands.  The amount of meat on any given animal is RNG within the limits of the animal species set by the game, so I'm not sure how they could guarantee that a higher level of carcass harvesting will get more meat every time without messing with a "lucky roll" possibility when you're at a low level.

As you level up cooking you'll get more calories from meat, making cooked meat richer than raw flesh, probably meaning it's easier to digest. Either that, or the survivor becomes proficient in extracting big fat sleeping coleoptera larvae from logs and adds them as seasoning. So experience already gives you more food, just not in the way you asked.

On the other hand, there's something I'd love to see added to spice things up a bit and since it came up, I'll open my own topic. Thanks for the hint. No, not larvae.