Finding Multiple Revolver Rounds

hozz1235

I've just began noticing something and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this:

When I find a container (corpse or other) and it has more than 1 revolver round in it, after looting the 1st round, I stop looting (as if the container is empty) but I notice that the container will say "Searched" and when I loot it again, I find more revolver round(s).

Anyone else?

I agree with Hawk. Let's say you search a container, and it contains 3 revolver rounds in total. If you decide to stop the search early and leave 2 of the 3 rounds in the container, you're going to be able to pull the remaining 2 out the next time you search the container.

Unless you're talking about a container marked "Empty" that magically has more rounds in it, a container marked "Searched" will always have more supplies in it.

I was actually thinking about this the other day - the game devs could have easily not included that info when you hover the cursor over a container, and it's really helpful to know that a container is truly empty without having to waste time searching each one. I wish this was true for cars as well, but I mark them "Empty" by popping the hood if it's not dented.

Yeah, it was kind of hard to explain...let's try this:

Say I find a container and it has 3 items in it.  I will typically keep clicking until the container is empty (3 clicks).  In this case, the clicking ends (typically indicating I have emptied the container of all it's contents).  Yet, when I hover my mouse over the container, it says Searched and I open it (again) to find revolver rounds.  Make sense?

12 hours ago, Hawk said:

That's what I do also. Although a few folks here in the forums brought up a good point in that with the hood raised you can't see wolves out the front windshield. Those that have mentioned this say the just drop the visors to mark vehicle as searched. I haven't started doing this but that's only because i keep forgetting. :D

I never thought of dropping the visor, always thought that was redundant because you still had to get in and out of the vehicle in order to check it.  might as well give it the once over all over again since your already inside...  unless you can see the visor flipped down from the outside?  i never looked that close.  I always liked popping the hood but then i noticed most cars had a gas cap that you could pop open as well.  that became my first choice for  having/leaving evidence that i had already searched that car.    Regardless, with the revolver update, i've been finding stuff in places and containers that I know that I have previously looted and it seems that even some lockers that required a pry bar and that i recall previously looting are now once again intact and with fresh goodies inside.  havent had anything like the moderator describes either.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 2:25 PM, hozz1235 said:

Yeah, it was kind of hard to explain...let's try this:

Say I find a container and it has 3 items in it.  I will typically keep clicking until the container is empty (3 clicks).  In this case, the clicking ends (typically indicating I have emptied the container of all it's contents).  Yet, when I hover my mouse over the container, it says Searched and I open it (again) to find revolver rounds.  Make sense?

I haven't had that happen yet, but I also haven't found any containers with revolver ammo in them.  Loads of loose ammo lying around, nothing in containers.  Hm....