Jolan

What silly things do you do in real life while playing?

I had a friend point out recently that when on heading out on a loot run, like on Timberwolf and I'm heading to the summit with a mostly empty pack I tend to hum or sing "The Happy Wanderer" and when coming back I tend to hum or sing the Volga Boatman song.  What silly things do you all do?

Jump out of my skin if the baby cries / the dog comes in the room / any random noise occurs! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sarah17 said:

Jump out of my skin if the baby cries / the dog comes in the room / any random noise occurs! 

Sounds like you have a story that would be a great contribution to this thread:

• Upvote 1

I don't currently have it set up this way, but - back when I used to put some serious time into this game to the detriment of my physical activity - I had my magnetrainer (a mini exercise pedal machine) set up in front of my living room gaming set-up.  Whenever I was walking / running in game, I would pedal slower or faster depending... I really should get that set up again now that I think about it... :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Drink too much.

Every time there is a bit of a wait, and my left hand is free, I pick up my glass of plonk and have a sip.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, peteloud said:

Drink too much.

Every time there is a bit of a wait, and my left hand is free, I pick up my glass of plonk and have a sip.

Welcome my friend to the Drinkerloper club.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Spin my chair around to see if I can rotate before a wolf eats my face off. 

Sucks when my knees hit the side of the desk sometimes... but I still do it.  Because if my character is going to get hurt I will too, for #immersion.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peteloud said:

Drink too much.

Hah same here!  Although for me it's mostly when traveling.  I tap Q (my custom hotkey for auto-walk cruise control), and occasionally course correct with A/D or the mouse.  Which frees up my hands to take a drink.  TLD is the only game that happens with, just due to the amount of time where I don't need to be actively doing something, but I can't just get up and walk away.

Another TLDism is I will go about doing some daily chores, while my character in the game is cooking food or boiling water.  Since I have a 4x day length multiplier, 3 in-game minutes pass for every minute of real time.  So if it takes an hour and a half (roughly) to melt and boil a full pot of water, that's a half hour in real-time I can get stuff done around the house.

• Like 1

Why is that drinking seems to compliment this game so well?  Perhaps those few second timers other have mentioned.

I've managed to cut my consumption by finding a way to "speed up" game play so I find myself using that more and more often which means less frequent sips.

• Like 1