Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Your luckiest or weirdest kill?

Hey guys. I am wondering, What has been your weirdest or luckiest kill so far in game?

For me it was with a bear. I shot it from a spot it could not reach so it ran but ended up in a running away loop on some rocks so i was able to sit there on top of the rocks above it and snipe it with a bow while it sat there running in a 10ft circle. I think it was both my luckiest and weirdest kill ever.

meat did last me a while though ^.^

Posted (edited)

I posted mine just the other day :D :

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:38 AM, ManicManiac said:

Yesterday, I had the "bright idea" of luring the bear that patrols near Echo Ravine over to Crystal Lake.  I figured I would use the pier as a safe haven in case my first shot didn't put it down.  I took the shot, but apparently didn't manage a critical hit... I ran under the dock thinking, "I should be safe here."  Much to my surprise, the bear ran to the end of the pier and ran right under it (between the posts)... and absolutely wrecked my day as well as my face. :D 

I don't know when they improved the bear's pathfinding, but that was wonderful... I quickly came to realize I should have gone farther under (to where I would need to duck to get under it)

Lesson Leaned. :D 

So this would be in the weird category, I guess...

Edited by ManicManiac

One time I shot a bear with an arrow and it started running off. After about an hour in-game chasing it, it started to run past me but bled out right next to me. 

Weird I guess. Costal Highway, survival,  Pilgrim, very early on I took a shot at a bear and wounded same. Don't remember if my first hit was the rifle or bow? The bear starts running around and I try to track it waiting for the bear's long dark. It get caught up on this ledge up behind the Gas Station. On that road/path to the right (while you are facing the Station) the does a hairpin turn up to the silent clearing? It is just hung up there crying and fussing. So I decide it is a good place to work on my bow hunting skill. Right, well I think my first shot misses (not very good with the bow) but the second one dropped him. The weird part.... ? Right, sorry! The weird part was I could not get to that kill to harvest it... or get my arrows back! Bummer. (not the best example I know?)

20 hours ago, TheUnknown said:

Hey guys. I am wondering, What has been your weirdest or luckiest kill so far in game?

For me it was with a bear. I shot it from a spot it could not reach so it ran but ended up in a running away loop on some rocks so i was able to sit there on top of the rocks above it and snipe it with a bow while it sat there running in a 10ft circle. I think it was both my luckiest and weirdest kill ever.

meat did last me a while though ^.^

I've taken advantage of that "pathing bug" as well (even though I feel kindda bad about it).  HL has made some updates to the game and I haven't seen that happen since.