Does anyone run across Rickety Bridge?

Denyo

Today,as I had some moving-stuff-runs from CH to ML,interesting question ran over my head.There are two places,for now,which had my full respect and where I am 120% cautioner than anywhere else in map.First one is The Dam and second place is that creepy Rickety Bridge in Ravine,where we travel from CH to ML or opposite direction.

Every time,when I"m on that bridge,I feel-honestly-real fear of falling down.I know,I cannot for real fall down,but this Rickety Bridge scene is so great made,with all those details,that I cannot get rid of that fear of falling down. :) Many times I catch myself,when I am crossing bridge.that I have my body bent on left or right side,or in weird positions. :) And I"m not even aware of that,coz I"m so much deep intensive in game. I have anyway a bit fear of height and this scene can realy creep me out.Sometimes I sweat for real,crossing that broken rail over the bridge and every time I go so slowly there. :)

Today I said I will try to run abit over that bridge,but after few meters I stopped,haha.No way! I realy have no guts to run over that bridge. :D Now...I"m realy interested,if anyone else feels that way and if anyone has guts to run across the bridge,or everyone just carefully walk over it. :) I already fall down once,first time when I got to Ravine.And the feeling was not nice,lol.

Funny, I once wanted to begin a poll with the title: how do you cross the bridge, running, walking or crouching? But there's no polling feature in this forum.

First I walked, now I mostly run. I stop before the broken part, align, run, strafe left/right (depending from which side I'm coming ;)) and run. Though I admit the more days I've survived in a run the less brave I become and past 100 days survived I usually walk over it. Yeah you can call me pussy :D

Hmm...looks like I"m the one,who is a "pussy" there,then. :D But,I will still continue walking with max caution there. :)

Maybe my caution and a lot of thinking,never rushing,are resulting of third long days lasting survival in the row.It is my third week of playing TLD and I had to restart playing about 12 times,I think.First 9 games were short ones,using them only to learn on my mistakes by dying of different events.10th game was 36 days,then it was 56 days and now is running 48th day of survival again,which I take is quite good game play for such short period of playing TLD.

Btw,whille I play game,I wear always headphones,to hear more intensive all sounds,which sorrounds me and to potentialy hear wolf approaching me.But,when I am in Dam or on bridge,I must take headphones off,lol.Coz tensoin is too intensive. :D

Speaking of sound, I love the creaking sound the bridge sometimes makes when you cross it. Although I do wonder how much a bridge build to withstand the force of a fully loaded freight train would actually creak when a human walks across it, but that's just me thinking things through too much.

Archived