Teleporting Wolf

ajb1978

So I plugged a moondoggy with my revolver, and having nothing better to do, I just started tailing him and waiting for him to fall.  I began noticing some peculiar behavior...this wolf teleports when he's off screen for a few seconds.  Or perhaps it's more like he gets a substantial speed boost when he's not on camera.  If I look away and back quickly, he's where I'd expect him to be.  But if I look away for 3-4 seconds, he's WAY far ahead of where he should have been, given his rate of speed.

Is this normal?  Has it always been like this, and I'm just now noticing?

Edit: After some more experimentation, it seems that 4 seconds is the cutoff.  If I look back at him within 4 seconds, he's moved an appropriate distance based on his speed. But after 4 seconds, warp factor 8.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

Ive noticed that to. More so when I shot a wolf or deer. I will keep on them but it seems like the second they go over a hill or around a rock and i loose sight of them for a second or 2 they are no where to be found. When i do find them dead on the ground they are like 2-3 full run distances away. Either they have warp tech that works or hinterlands gave us some magic animals.