What do you listen to while playing TLD?

an_actual_puppy

Love to listen Schubert while playing, fitting the snowy setting :)

When I enjoy walking in the forrest irl, new music is also very appropriate, mostly Stockhausens later works, as he faced natural instruments again.

[bBvideo 560,340:2dxh9agj]

[/bBvideo]

• 2 weeks later...

I tried all kinds of music, but it just doesn't work in this game^^ Everything I tried totally destroyed the atmosphere.

I also get distracted to much and don't pay attention to game sounds anymore, so music might work if you play pilgrim, but my experience on voyager and stalker is that music is really not helpful :)

I personally don't listen to anything while I play (I love the in-game sounds and music too much), but I've had several people tell me they put on the "Gone Girl" soundtrack when they play.

Gotta say, it's definitely got the right tone... And after seeing the movie, the music seems to become a bit more eerie.

I personally don't listen to anything while I play (I love the in-game sounds and music too much), but I've had several people tell me they put on the "Gone Girl" soundtrack when they play.

Gotta say, it's definitely got the right tone... And after seeing the movie, the music seems to become a bit more eerie.

I like the game sounds so much I would find degrading to listen to anything what would make me unfocused on my gameplay, even thought your suggestion is one of the best soundtracks I heard in a long time, after 41 minutes in it still enjoyable.

EDIT:

just something in exchange for the nice advice

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sonata Arctica - Ain't your fairytale ;p

I actually like playing without the game sounds even though I agree they're great. It's just way more challenging in my opinion NOT to get an acoustical warning before a wolf attack, it forces you to be even more aware of your surroundings. So whoever is looking for an increased Stalker difficulty, I can really recommend disabling the game's sound and listening to your own music instead. ;)

I've played with sound but with a Youtube window open in the background with a live stream of the EU or NA LCS (League of Legends) playing. There's so many game sounds there that sound somewhat similar to a wolf or bear that in the end I just muted the stream a while until I got back to safety :D

• 2 weeks later...

I like to listen to various instrumentals. Usually Two Steps from Hell, the Last of Us soundtrack, some old Resident Evil 1, 2 + 3 and a few other soft, eerie tracks. I have a few friends who listen to a lot of rock but I personally just keep my music soft and haunting so while the audio of TLD is louder I still have a bit on background noise.

Archived