Pacifist and Silent Hunter

Hylander

I did 103 days, and got tired of it. I've read your rant about the mid-game versus the end-game, and although I agree with you it would probably be challenging, I just can't get past the utter boredom of the mid-game. I could of course shoot off all my bullets in an orgy of waste, but then the end-game wouldn't feel real.

Yes I must say I'm growing tired of it too, I'm not doing much else than shoot 2-3 deer/wolves, sleep/eat, rinse repeat. But I am very much looking forward to the next phase, only 9 bullets left and no sewingkit means I need a permanent location with a working bench and food source nearby, soon. So I'm going again to settle for my final days at the camp office, fishing, fighting wolves and creating sets when they fall apart. I have already about 70 leather, 24 pelts, 30ish guts, although only 4 rabit pelts, might stock up on that first.

The biggest problem though for the first time will be matches. Firestriker is down to 19% and I know of only 2 untouched packs, so I will have to be extra efficient with my fires, 30l of water per fire is the absolut minimum.

I'm not trying to hijak your thread to write about my own run though, I just want to tell you about the challenges I face now. That's what you skipped ;) But I understand, it is boring to waste your bullets, it will be my last v183 run in stalker too in hope that the new update will bring some change to the sleep/eat cycle. But for now I let it run as long as it goes, already beaten my personal 148days record and I'm in a much better place than I was at the end of the last run. And I haven't hybernated once :D

Archived