Wireless mouse issue

jmillard

Hey guys,

Firstly, awesome game! I'm loving it, although the wolves are arseholes and I'm terrible at fighting them.

Anyway I'm having a small issue when playing the game with a wireless mouse on my laptop. It's hardly a huge issue but it's a bit annoying so I thought I'd let you know.

I'm running it on a Mac Book Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram and the Intel Iris inbuilt graphics card. It's running OSX 10.9.4

Right, So the issue is I lose mouse control sometime when I am either walking straight for a long time without touching the mouse or entering a door without touching the mouse. Basically the mouse stops controlling the cursor (head movement) movement but the clicking still works. Also if I escape to the menu, the mouse cursor works there.

In game I can still use the laptop's touch pad to control the cursor but the wireless mouse doesn't work. But if I use the laptop touch pad to then enter a door, then wiggle the wireless mouse while the door loading screen shows, the issue fixes itself and I can use the wireless mouse again. Weird right?

I've tried several different mice so I don't believe it's an issue with the mice.

Hope this helps. Can't wait to see where you take this game!

Thanks,

Josh

Hey there,

Could you try disabling your touchpad from mouse movement. This way the mouse is the only thing controlling the cursor. You can do that in the Mac settings somewhere, I'm not familiar with macs to well.

It might be the game is getting confused on which is controlling the cursor movement. I also could be wrong, but worth a try to see if it works.

Let me know how it works out, and if it doesn't we can try and think up something else, or maybe someone on the forums as a better idea than me.

All else fails, it might actually be a bug.

Jeremy

• 4 months later...

This seems to be an exact duplicate of this issue:

OSX external mouse stops responding, only for movement

I get the feeling that these two issues might also be related:

#482 Mouse jumps to the left and up when exiting inventory

Wireless Mouse is looks at the ground after dialog box (duplicate of #482)

I'd be curious to know whether you also experience the issue I demonstrated in the video in #482. There seems to be some sort of underlying issue with handling of wireless mice on Mac (might well be an OS X bug). The devs apparently haven't been able to reproduce it on Mac OS X yet, but maybe they haven't been using a wireless mouse.

Archived