My suggestions to future updates

Emexrulsier

So I am fairly new to this game and I do enjoy it (I actually look forwards to getting home from work to play it). I have survived about 22 days and come across certain things that have made me think damn I wish I could do that so here is my list of suggestions.

1. Lots of snow around so why not use it to maintain the condition of food - have an option hide food under the snow. Ofc before using frozen food items they would need to be defrosted before being cooked where necessary.

2. Allow gathering of small stones or branches which can be used for placing markers/way points For example if you have buried food you could place a pile of stones so you can find this again later, or you could build a giant arrow pointing to your shelter to aid in a blizzard.

3. Forage wood should only be allowed if you are next to a wood source. It is stupid that I can sit in the middle of a frozen lake and gather enough fir wood to build a house. You need to force the player to go find a tree to gather the wood from. Also limit this tree to x amount of wood every few days. If you are reclaiming wood from a house for example make it so that items in the houses are destroyed so that you have to maybe sacrifice a bed to keep warm

4. Allow building basic outdoor structures. Gather wood, branches stones and build a basic structure to lie down inside to protect from windchill or prevent camp fires from being blown out.

5. Similar to the injured screen where it shows a human body do this for a clothing section so you can quickly see which clothing needs repairs and maybe which items you are currently missing (show it similar to games like wow so you can see if you are wearing for example a hat or not)

6. Clothing deteriorates way too fast, I have only survived for 22 days yet I have gone through several pairs of heavy work boots, jeans and coats... really. This needs slowing down and maybe only increase damage to them if you are attacked or have a bad fall.

7. Allow you to take off cloths to dry. It is annoying if I have fallen through weak ice I have to go make a fire to first defrost the clothing, then dry it, it means I am just sat around doing nothing. It would be good if maybe I could use gut, or fishing line to hang clothes from, set a fire and go off and hunt etc come back and my cloths are all dry but I have been productive.

8. Add lantern hooks on the outside of some buildings, this could be handy if you go off hunting you could hang your lantern outside that way you can find the property or shelter again (even more so if its a blizzard).

9. Allow you to create traps and snares. Maybe add shovels to the game and I could dig a hole and cover with branches and come back every 24 hours and see if I have caught any rabbits etc. If I fall into the hole I can be given a sprained ankle.

10. Can old flares be used as tinder if not why not?

That's it for now, I am sure I will add more just can't remember them at the moment :D

Oh and I have seen a few bugs like smoke coming out of chimneys but when you enter the fire isn't lit or when stood under a fire (like in a water tower) you can feel the full extent of the warmth.

+1s on #2, #4, #5, #6! Really like your ideas

About #9. There are already snares? Are you just suggesting different snares/traps?

The smoke bug is already reported, maybe open a thread in the respective forum with the warmth issue (unless its also reported, try the search function)

@Emexrulsier, if i understand you correctly when you said 'old flares' im assuming that's 'used flares' am i correct? i dont think you can use a burnout flare as tinder -a.the chemicals strontium nitrate, potassium perchlorate and magnesium have already been used then, and -b.flares are housed inside an aluminum tube im sure :) :)

now if you use an unused flare as tinder yes, its actually a firestarter :) :)

Yeah but If I am resourceful I would dismantle the flair giving me some materials for tinder and I could use some of the chemicals mixed with the orange soda to make a simply battery and power the radio :D

So I am fairly new to this game and I do enjoy it (I actually look forwards to getting home from work to play it). I have survived about 22 days and come across certain things that have made me think damn I wish I could do that so here is my list of suggestions.

1. Lots of snow around so why not use it to maintain the condition of food - have an option hide food under the snow. Ofc before using frozen food items they would need to be defrosted before being cooked where necessary.

2. Allow gathering of small stones or branches which can be used for placing markers/way points For example if you have buried food you could place a pile of stones so you can find this again later, or you could build a giant arrow pointing to your shelter to aid in a blizzard.

3. Forage wood should only be allowed if you are next to a wood source. It is stupid that I can sit in the middle of a frozen lake and gather enough fir wood to build a house. You need to force the player to go find a tree to gather the wood from. Also limit this tree to x amount of wood every few days. If you are reclaiming wood from a house for example make it so that items in the houses are destroyed so that you have to maybe sacrifice a bed to keep warm

4. Allow building basic outdoor structures. Gather wood, branches stones and build a basic structure to lie down inside to protect from windchill or prevent camp fires from being blown out.

5. Similar to the injured screen where it shows a human body do this for a clothing section so you can quickly see which clothing needs repairs and maybe which items you are currently missing (show it similar to games like wow so you can see if you are wearing for example a hat or not)

6. Clothing deteriorates way too fast, I have only survived for 22 days yet I have gone through several pairs of heavy work boots, jeans and coats... really. This needs slowing down and maybe only increase damage to them if you are attacked or have a bad fall.

7. Allow you to take off cloths to dry. It is annoying if I have fallen through weak ice I have to go make a fire to first defrost the clothing, then dry it, it means I am just sat around doing nothing. It would be good if maybe I could use gut, or fishing line to hang clothes from, set a fire and go off and hunt etc come back and my cloths are all dry but I have been productive.

8. Add lantern hooks on the outside of some buildings, this could be handy if you go off hunting you could hang your lantern outside that way you can find the property or shelter again (even more so if its a blizzard).

9. Allow you to create traps and snares. Maybe add shovels to the game and I could dig a hole and cover with branches and come back every 24 hours and see if I have caught any rabbits etc. If I fall into the hole I can be given a sprained ankle.

10. Can old flares be used as tinder if not why not?

That's it for now, I am sure I will add more just can't remember them at the moment :D

Oh and I have seen a few bugs like smoke coming out of chimneys but when you enter the fire isn't lit or when stood under a fire (like in a water tower) you can feel the full extent of the warmth.

You said you"re fairly new in this game.So,I"m sure,when you will get experience in game and become experienced player,you will change your mind about some of your suggestion.It is nice to give as much suggestions we can,so devs and mods can hear our wishes and consider about some improvements in future developement of game.As everyone has his own oppinion,I hope you don"t mind if I say my oppinion about your suggestions.Anyway,we are all free to speak up our oppinions,without any offense,right? :)

Ok,so :

1# - You can already store your fresh meat and other food under dead human bodies or animal bodies,laying arround.I dunno,how long dead animals appearance stays in game,but I do know that dead bodies are there trough wholle game,so you can use them as your "fridge"

2#- You can already do that with your foraged wood.You can place them on snow as markers or gather them,also you can place them in arrow line. :) But,the problem is,wouldn"t they be covered,when snow starts?As your footprints can dissapear after snow storm or blizard,I gues also those marks would be gone.

3#-No,no,no and no.Sorry,but I completely dissagree with this idea.The way it is made is just fine.No need to any adjustement arround wood and foraging.

4#-Maybe some good ideas here.

6#-I haven"t find any issues about time of decaying clothes since my first day of starting this game playing.You just need to take care of your clothes and take some off,whille you"re indoors for longer period or when you go to sleep.Sleeping with clothes makes clothes decay faster.

7,8,9#-Some good ideas in here.

1# Wasn't aware you can do this but yes I am very very new

2# Yeah I suppose you are right but you can't dictate the direction of the wood? And yeah I did think about snow fall but then I thought well this is where the game lacks realism in that snow fall doesn't affect any objects other than foot prints so floor markers would be acceptable.

You say no no no to #3 but you don't think it's stupid that I can stand in the middle of a frozen lake and gather wood all day long. You should force a player to go stand in front a a tree then gather wood. Just like hunting for food you should have to go out and forage for wood and not just step out the front door gather 20 pieces, rinse and repeat.

Archived