My Suggestions #2

BosnianCommunist

[align=center]My suggestions #2[/align]

Note: Some of the suggestions might be connected with my previews topic viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3601

1 - Add more animals

- Moose

- Alpha Wolf ( put 2 alpha wolfs ing,they are like regular wolfs but bigger and it takes 2 bullets to kill them and they are not scared of fire )

2 - Make wolfs smarter

- For example the wolfs learn not to be afraid of fire and flares the more times you use them.

- When you turn ur back to them and run they will run faster because they see you as weak but if you back away facing them they will run normally or just walk towards you.

3 - Add a snowmobile

- Add 1 snowmobile ing

- The player can use the snowmobile to move faster around but the snowmobile can run out of gas.

- When it runs out of gas you can scrap it for 3 leather ( the seat ) and 12 scrap metal.

4 - Add a flare gun

- It can be used to scare wolfs away and to provide light in the distance

5 - More ways to start a fire

- Add more ways to start a fire like without using matches.

- Some suggestions:

- Flint

- Flare gun

6 - Add more items

- Torch

- Bow and arrows

- Spear

- Flashlight

- Tent

7 - Add seasons

- Doesn't have to be realistic

- Every 30 days new season ( winter,spring,autumn,summer )

8 - Add berries

- Like the mushrooms from "My suggestions" they can be edible and poisonous

- You need to find a book with pictures of which one you can eat and which one you cant and make ur decision based on that.

I really like the tent and flaregun ideas. On that note, I think a sleeping bag (as an upgrade to the bedroll) would be a good rare item to have in the game.

Also in terms of movement, this probably has been suggested already, but snowshoes would be a great addition. Hypothetically they could give you a slight speed boost on deep snow and a speed reduction on flat surfaces like ice and concrete.

Interesting stuff, but I always wonder what the effect it will be on the gameplay.

and how it will "stress" the developers.

so, here's my feedback on the suggestions.

more animals?

well, yes, sounds fun, but than you will end up making a life game in itself with all the AI of those animals.

now it's "simple", you got yourself the herbivore and the carnivore.

smarter animals?

yes, that could have some love.

snowmobile?

nope, because than you have to explain why cars won't work, only snowmobile.

the generators and anything else.

unless it's build with a steam-engine.

flare gun?

not sure what the advantage will be over the normal flare.

more ways to start a fire?

flint could be added yes. not sure how it will "degrade" over time, after all,

that's one of the core gameplay elements, stuff gets degraded over time..

more items?

what's the degrading part?

and a flashlight means batteries, lamps, wires to be added to the loot table.

add seasons?

not sure why. sounds cool of course, but what will be the environmental challenge in the other seasons?

berries/mushrooms

again, cool stuff, but I see a challenge there as well.

1 berry will not provide a lot of calories, so it means you need to find a lot, a lot of berries.

so that means a lot of bushes?

The devs have already confirmed there will be a new animal in the next update. I'm expecting at least moose and bear to be added eventually and one of these to be added now.

There are actually at least 6 animals in the game:

1. Wolves

2. Deer

3. Rabbits

4. Fish

5. Raven

6. Can you guess what this is? (I've actually never seen this animal myself but the devs have confirmed it is in the game and has been for many versions now.)

snowmobile?

nope, because than you have to explain why cars won't work, only snowmobile.

the generators and anything else.

unless it's build with a steam-engine.

flare gun?

not sure what the advantage will be over the normal flare.

more ways to start a fire?

flint could be added yes. not sure how it will "degrade" over time, after all,

that's one of the core gameplay elements, stuff gets degraded over time..

more items?

what's the degrading part?

and a flashlight means batteries, lamps, wires to be added to the loot table.

- snowmobile - Well we can explain how you cant drive cars over ice or something like that.

- flare gun - well if you are stuck one one of those fishing cabins at night and you want to go back to a cabin (like the office on mystery lake ) you can shoot the flare gun from the cabin and light the way and you will see if there are any wolfs...

- flint - well lets say you can use it 6 - 12 times ( depending on the mode or fire starting exp ) + you need a knife + flint

- well for flashlight the batteries, for torch its the cloth or bandage or whatever you use to make it if they add it ...

Pleurotus Ostreatus appears to grow in temperate and subtropical zones, which we are definitely not playing in. There doesn't seem to be very many wild mushrooms that grow in winter, and as for finding berries in fridges, we're as likely to find those as anything else in a fridge.

Pleurotus Ostreatus appears to grow in temperate and subtropical zones, which we are definitely not playing in. There doesn't seem to be very many wild mushrooms that grow in winter, and as for finding berries in fridges, we're as likely to find those as anything else in a fridge.

It grows world wide from late autumn to middle part of winter ( from end of september to end of december ) I know because Mushroom collecting is one of my hobbies.

Archived