What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the charisma, and no zombies

Atmosphere.

The Old Bear!

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna have to agree with a lot of peeps here.  The atmosphere.  The ambiance.  Non-traditional graphics. The intricacies of having to plan your journey.  The sheer exhilaration of putting hundreds and hundreds of hours into something and finding out something new (ie. Today I Learned).  

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate how the game "borrows" from reality. I get a kick out of doing things in this game that I have done in my life. 

I truely hope that this game inspires people to get off the couch and see nature. To live it, even if just a brief moment. Go camping or hiking. Something, just get out there.

That, and the importance of having some food stocked up in your house.... 🙂

• Like 2

Exiting a cabin and hearing a bear without seeing him first. At first I thought hearing a wolf when you exit was terrifying until I heard the bear roar. PRICELESS!! 

Wondering if that fresh deer meat at the door attracted him:) lovely fella!

• Like 2

I really like the unpredictably of the game.

I also really enjoy that theirs like a domino effect to the game, Didn’t pick up that Coal in that Cave in a Hushed River Valley Cave, and now a Deadly Blizzard is Forming? Well Your Dead (Maybe). Or another example of this. You were to lazy to find that arrow the Deer had in its Ass and ran off with, and now a Wolf is Charging you? Dead. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, dmp717200 said:

The scenery and lighting effects.

I wonder how hard it would be to track and notice animals or other items if scenery was photo realistic and more dense😬 that would really make it a survival doomsday.

• 2 weeks later...

Scenery and ambience (music included) goes without saying.  But also that hard to describe mix of feelings between solitude, mystery, wonder and struggle.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1