What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

On 30. 11. 2018 at 10:31 PM, theHellraiser said:

those calm moments in moutaineers hut, fishing hunting,watching sun going up and down and while a catastrophic blizzard is around you sounding like a monstrous beast you sit by the fire,frying some fish and making some tea

No lies here... you secretly like to snuggle bears, and have them hug you back, dontcha?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

No lies here... you secretly like to snuggle bears, and have them hug you back, dontcha?

my signature says it all my brother. now I am starting to enjoy my bow more because for the first time I managed to hit lvl5 and crouch hunting deer and wolves is so insanely easy getting food is as hard as reaching in a cupboard and grabbing a snack

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Guest kristaok

I like the art, the aurora borealis, the calmness... I also like how there's no game like it, this game is unique because it's a survival game that doesn't have your typical zombies etc. 

That moment when it's still dark and you're sitting by your fire, cooking morning coffee and watching how snow falls gently against the starry night. You just sit there by your fire until you see the sun rise behind the icy mountains until it's time to go again.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The immersive, heart-pounding, almost euphoric feeling of wanting to charge after a wolf just to spite a world that does not want you alive. Of lighting fires and screaming into snowstorms that you are here, and you will not be crushed. Of bagging your first deer and laughing into the harsh wind that tries to cut you to the core, because you belong. Of staring straight into the eyes of a wolf and knowing that blood will be spilled, but it will not be yours. 

The Long Dark is an awe-inspiring example of human resilience. We do not give up the gift of life easily.

Edited by Wintersteel
  • Upvote 3