Injured wolf attacks me?

The_Hawk35

The last 2 games I've had a wolf I've fought off, come back and attack me again (and no I'm not tracking it, I'm just foraging). I know it's the injured wolf in both games because a) it died at my feet with a single strike when it attacked me the second time. b) After the kill I back tracked the blood trail.

I thought that wolves you fought off weren't supposed to attack you unless you got close to them?

If you just stand there or begin to harvest a deer there is a chance it will come back, I just killed two wolves some minutes ago who both came back after the first fight. But they were already at 20% or lower so it wasn't a big deal. Just need to be prepared, I always wait for 30sec or so when a wolf runs off bleeding.

I've had them immediately attack a second time after only running a few feet away, and this was while I was not encumbered, had very low fatigue, was not hungry, thirsty, or cold, and was over 60% condition after the first attack. Pretty annoying. Oh, and this was on Voyager.

hmm Subversion that's a bit odd.. was the raucus between you and the wolf happened in an open area or were you anywhere near a boulder? cause if both of you were in an enclosed area (ie.Alan's Cave) if he circles back and you happen to be blocking his path chances are since the wolf's AI was programmed to be 'trigger an attack' if within close proximity to a human, then that might explain why..idk :) :)

I can tell you that this happens even in open fields or on a lake. Something has changed.

Today the most egregious of these issues I've had yet. Note this is in Voyager mode.

In ML I was passing the train loading area.

A wolf came up from the river and attacked me. I fought it off pretty easily. I saw it run off towards the dam.

I bandaged up and checked to make certain it was still running.

It continued towards the dam.

I turned and continued towards the Camp office so I could rest up.

When I was half way between the derailment and the camp office the wolf jumped me from behind with no warning at all (no growl, bark or anything). I one shotted it with my knife so it was clearly the injured wolf.

This just seems like very strange behavior.

Archived