Post Game Hall of Fame with Replay On Map

peege

I think it would be sweet to see a dotted line representation or something on a map overlay, after you die, to see just how ridiculous one might wander around in a storm or something.

This is a two part wish.

1. Hall of Fame, with stats of the top 10 games or something like that, where you can read the journal, or just look at the statistics of the life.

2. A replay, where it just shows the maps and a fast-forward from day to day with a dotted line or solid line representation of the character's movement, much like a GPS would show.

I realize this would be giving the player a better ability to learn the map. That's not why I would suggest it. I'm the kind of player who just likes to reminisce from time to time. I'll go through my old saves and watch playback summaries, in games like Civ4, for example.

I like the idea, I've suggested a similar idea where the game would make a reply of some sort of your whole run for others to watch or at least pimp the logfile and make it available online.

Generally speaking I wish there would be more possibilities to compare with other players than the leaderboards. TLD is (and should be) a singleplayer game but the world has been multiplayer for at least a decade. Putting various stats online so people can compare would bridge the gap. Someting like Call of Duty's oder Diablo3's profile page. It could contain a map that traces back the steps a player has made in his longest run, along with everything there are stats about, how many wolves shot, how many wolves fighted off, what sort of meat was consumed in which amount, how many blizzars one survived and so on.

Or just a hall of fame where you can see a portrait of a survivor (like that picture in the header) or a bit of concept art with how many days you survived and a few highlights: found the bunker on second day; killed 10 wolves with her bare hands, etc.

All the while Vangelis is playing on the background (that last bit is a joke).

It'd be neat if the logfile stored enough information to do what you're talking about. If it stored your co-ordinates along with the time each event occurred (and made updates every few minutes when you weren't sleeping), you could get one of the publicly created maps and do the whole dotted line thing just roughly going point to point.

I created a thread with almost the same suggestions some days ago but it got buried pretty much unnoticed. Seeing that others share similar ideas I want to bring it up again:

http://hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3353#p18085

I am strongly convinced that any form of sharing your experience online would bring quite a boost to the game and the community ;)

Archived