HUD keeps getting "lost"

Rongeur

Not sure if anyone's brought this up before, but the color of the HUD can be kind of a problem - since it's almost all white, it gets lost in the snow really easily, especially on sunny days. It would be nice if the color were changed to make it a bit more visible in these conditions- maybe golfing-in-the-snow-like-an-asshole orange?

23993.jpg

Personally, I'd like it to be a setting, so you can either have it on or off. Ideally, it would be a setting that says "turn it off if you're walking/running, but when you stop walking/running and start moving the mouse, turn it back on."

And when you turn it back on, make it white with a one-pixel black border, so you can see it regardless of what the background looks like.

Personally, I'd like it to be a setting, so you can either have it on or off. Ideally, it would be a setting that says "turn it off if you're walking/running, but when you stop walking/running and start moving the mouse, turn it back on."

I like this idea. A setting where you can choose always on, always off or off when walking. This would be great to have.

As for the color of the cursor, why not a setting to let the user select a color they prefer? Either let the user choose from a number of colors (a 256 color pallet like in the image below should be plenty I would think) or just let them enter RGB values or something like that.

atari-256-colour-palette.png

Personally, I'd choose some gray tint, as close to white as possible but dark enough that is distinguishable from the white background.

That would be a good idea! I appreciate the hard work the devs have put into making the game's colors harmonious (I've actually taken many screenshots just to use as inspiration for my own art), so I realize that GITSLAA-orange, while it may be high-visibility, would also probably shoot all those lovely color palettes straight to hell. :P

Archived