Game breaking bug

aries

So when I start up the game on steam I get to the main menu where it says story, sandbox, load etc. I currently have a save game on around 30 days and I started up the game today and I cannot click on any of the main menu options. When I mouse over them they still light up and I click them and the click animation shows but nothing happens it just lights up in a white outline but nothing happens when I click on them. I already verified my files and uninstalled and reinstalled as well as manually deleting all remaining files in the long dark folder after it has been uninstalled but the menu is still broken. Reaching out for help now. I believe this may have happened as the last time I played my computer overheated and shut itself down. Since that happened 3 days ago this games main menu has been broken cannot load previous games or start new ones all I can do is mouse over the options and try to click them while they light up - but nothing happens.

If it is caused by a damaged installation:

In steam you can usually verify local data of your apps. Click on library > TLD > right click, select properties > locale Data > verify local data. In case this did not help, it might be caused by corrupt save game data. In this case you might wanna provide your save game to the developers: If you are on Windows: open new explorer window (win-key + E, type in %LOCALAPPDATA%\..\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark), compress the save001 folder and upload it here.

Archived