Female survivor in story mode

Valanthe

Judging by the given name of the protagonist, the survivor in story mode is defaulted to the male. In the final version of the game (or an update soon after) will playing as the female survivor in story mode be an option? I've read a bit about story mode and it seems like you have cool things planned. I'm hoping since you already have some amazing voice acting for the gal in sandbox, there may be an option to play as her in story.

Anyone have links to discussion on this? I did a forum search and didn't immediately spot an answer.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The main story character was scheduled to be male... but Jennifer Hale does play a major part in the story (just not as the player lead unless they've since changed all the back stories and bios). Perhaps possible, but more likely to happen in the sequel when various story lines continue. Devs might be able to offer an official response, but everything they've reported so far only indicates the character of Will Mackenzie.

They'd gain positive publicity, reviews, and increase sales potential by offering players a choice between a male and female voice. Heck, you can't see the character, so this is the perfect game for that option. Will can be a nickname for a female too, I googled a list if 78 female names starting with those letters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry for the necromancy, but I also would like this to be a possibility in story mode. Jennifer Hale's voice acting is top-notch.

We agree!

But we think that about all of our voice actors =)

absolutely no offence to Mark Meer, but I prefer playing as the Anna simply because I prefer Jennifer Hale's voice acting. It was the same reason why I chose female Shepard in Mass effect. In my opinion, Hale brings the 'feeling' of the character out better. Meer's voice acting sounds slightly stilted and doesn't give as much of a emotional portrayal as Hale's acting does.

Sorry for the necromancy, but I also would like this to be a possibility in story mode. Jennifer Hale's voice acting is top-notch.

I have only ever played as the female survivor! I tried one game as the male, but his new voice made me lose immersion, so I "accidentally" stumbled upon a wolfpack. Ooooops...

Archived