Re: Note regarding pirated/hacked software

pikkue

The problem arises when people hack/ mod/ cheat the game and then report bugs based on their hacked/ modded/ cheated game. If you do this, you may create bugs that don't exist in the clean version of the game. The devs then waste a lot of time trying to find bugs that don't really exist.

Modding a game after it is released is a different story of course (but even then most devs don't actively support modding by helping fix problems that arise when people mod their game), but TLD is still in early alpha and it is of no help to the devs if people break the game by their attempts to mod it.

I really don't care what people do in single player games. Everyone can download their memory editor or whatever and do what they wan't, as long as it doesn't affect other people's playing experience. And the leaderboard is sadly currently not legit/broken anyways. Too many people seem to have already abused that thing to reloot places before it got (partially) fixed and got absurdly long survival times. For me personally the game is all about the experience anyways, and not to be played competive, so I don't really mind.

I feel the same way myself, as long as it doesn't affect others. But here's the thing: when someone uses a memory editor for instance then they find a bug and report that, if the bug is caused by the memory editor the devs will spend a lot of time looking for that bug but wont be able to find it. That's time they could have spend working on real bugs so that does affect all of us.

If people absolutely have to use hacks or whatever, they should not report any bugs or request support while doing so. At the very least they should replicate a bug in a clean install to make sure it's not caused by their hacks.

Archived