Other noteworthy Kickstarter Projects?

So I thought we could start a thread highlighting any current/in progress Kickstarter projects that are worth supporting. Spreading the indie love, I'd like to start with

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120 ... -of-tyrim/

It's zelda meets dark souls - sort of. Only has 49 hours to go, and they're 5k short of their projected goal. They even have a demo up.

Over to your suggestions!

@Junaid_Hussain: A game with a female cat as a main character? Fantastic! And the art does look very nice.

I have a special affinity to cats in games and stories as I create toy photo stories in which many of the main characters are cats. I know this is a Kickstarter thread, but I'll still mention that the stories are free for anybody to read and can be found at dolls.fennotrans.fi

Well-built survival game with lots of complex environmental puzzles, a very in-depth item customization system. Already has a ton of work put into it by the two person team, but it's looking likely it won't reach its goal. It's called "Raindrop."

I'm a backer too... very interested in it.

i was part of the raindrop team ~ 3 years ago as a "character concept artist" and put a lot of effort into the project for about a year. at first i was really hyped that the driving force behind the drop, nihad and max are back. now it's so sad to see that the project once again might not get what it deserves.

i tried to hook up with nihad again to help out, since i think its a major plus to add paypal backing systems to kickstarter and provide alternative web pages offering that, too (that brought me here to be honest, otherwise i couldn't have backed "the long dark"!) - but he didn't responded yet...

stuff i'd like to see finished on kickstarter is mostly funded already, but maybe it could help to promote the titles here anyway... won't hurt if more people go and buy this if its ready. :)

->

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/551129138/energy-hook-0?ref=card

i still LOVE the web physics from spider-man 2 for the ps2... back to the rootz. ;)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter?ref=search

gimme dat oldschool feeling. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krillbite/among-the-sleep?ref=live

check out the alpha demo if you haven't already. alice in wonderland meets slenderman...

What contains stealth, scares, a rather unique first-person perspective and surreal dreamscapes colliding with recognisable realities? The answer is Among the Sleep, in development at Krillbite Studio in Norway. It could be the most interesting horror game of next year.

says rock, paper, shotgun

indiegogo, but also awesome:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/darkwood

want that!

Raindrop devs haven't been awfully active during their campaign (the last project comment is from 5 days ago). People expect a lot more interaction. The project itself looks interesting, but it's hard to get people behind something that gives the impression it's been abandoned by its owners.

I think that's exactly why TLD was successful... the entire Hinterland team was so interactive with everybody, responded swiftly to questions, and provide so many regular updates. It helped make everyone feel like they were part of the development & Hinterland family rather than just feeling like KS was just an unmanned money drop off box.

With TLD, Hinterland made you feel like an important part of the extended team.

Heres something interesting!

Bring Ghosts 'N Goblins back to the living room for the first time in 22 years.

All the bodies throughout history have been buried in the world’s tallest peak, Graveyard Mountain. All but one man has fallen into darkness as the dead have risen. Become King Arthur and descend 4,000 miles into the core of Demon World, destroy Lucifer, and save the princess. Back it NOW!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phantasmstudios/ghosts-n-goblins-demon-world :D

010663f88a49f3614f95be2f6494845b_large.j

Also:

Become a Jamaican Reggae legend in an adventure game co-designed by Corey and Lori Cole (Creators of Quest for Glory series).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soundguy/bolt-riley-a-reggae-adventure-game

70ebf7ce651af0af0e0d9958cb3988f4_large.j

Even though this is a "GAMES" forum, I'm surprised in this thread that there hasn't been anything apart from "games" from Kickstarter ?!?!?

There is one i just looked at care of @Raph via #Twitter and its called RainDrop but with 38hrs remaining and 100K to get, it is just not going to make it. I thought about backing it, but instead, i sent a email to the Devs asking where they are going to go with it, now its been 4yrs in the making already, and just recently moved to the Unity's 3D engine, where now they have been able to implement a lot more realism into the game, so hopefully from their reply, we might still see on Steam GreenLight ??

Lol but here is another one that has been successful in funding but can still be ordered. If you love to draw, and when younger drew your own games and like the Mario side Scrolling type of game, PixelPress is your Answer. You draw you game on a gridded piece of paper, then with the PixelPress App, and OCR you take a picture and bang, you have a working game, in seconds. And with the amour of people that backed it, myself included, we are just starting the Beta stage there will be hundreds/thousands of online games to download. Anyway, worth a look.

melTaRy.jpg

PixelPress ~ KickStarter "Successfully Funded and you can still join in the fun by Pre-ordering yours now Project PixelPress

Just found this one called RESET on indiegogo Reset ~ Indiegogo

A sci-fi noir, a mystery, a first person puzzle game. Reset is infused with mind boggling puzzles, a grippingly haunting but beautiful story and an unparalleled immersive atmosphere.

Reset is a single player adventure. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively with yourself. You multiply yourself by first marking a place/time of re-entry in the game world and then proceeding to complete one part of a puzzle. You then reset (jump back in time) to the re-entry mark creating two separate co-existing timelines. But the mechanic is not limited to two timelines, more elaborate puzzles have multiple timelines for some serious mind fun.

The second-to-second gameplay is similar to games like Portal but the mechanic is akin to games like The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Prometheus UDK.

The full experience of Reset depends on you knowing very little about the story beforehand. Not spoiling too much we can tell you that the story takes place on a fictional volcanic island in the Galápagos. You will be free to roam the mysterious 16 square km game world in which individual puzzles can be discovered and solved in any order.

• 3 weeks later...

Found another cool project, and its not a Game. One for me and one for the missus !!!

Check it out on Indiegogo ~ I present The Smarty Ring !!! . . . . Google glass on your finger . . .

Stay Updated

Smarty Ring frees you from searching in your bag for your phone, or from reaching into your back pocket, just to find no new notifications. Its bluetooth 4.0 technology lets you always get real time updates.

Incoming & outgoing call notifications.

Alerts for Text and E-Mail messages

Real time updates from Facebook,Twitter, Hangout & Skype.

Remote control

Control your phone without touching it.

Accept or reject incoming calls

Make outgoing calls to preset numbers

Trigger camera

Control music

Change profile

Track your phone

Never forget your phone again AND prevent theft!

Alert your phone when you lost in the crowd.

Alert goes off even if your phone is in silent mode

Beeps when your phone is more than 30 metres away from you.

5 hours to go . . .

dl2aiqm.jpg

F9kuUTQ.jpg

Archived