ADMIN pls delete

Ms Nutcracker

Yeah because if its not positive, its not how you really feel about the topic right?

And here I thought forums were a place to encourage discussion. Pros and cons. Being adult enough to recognize that opinions are opinions and just because someone has a negative perspective and opinion about something doesn't mean it affects yours in the least, is just one key to posting effectively.

A post claiming others try to "trash ideas" is naive and skirting around the point. Its how you deal with negative counter-points that gains traction for your idea. Being incapable of dealing with negative comments lets readers know that the idea is not going to go anywhere from the start because the originator is not even able to handle criticism. You can not effectively lead without negotiating obstacles/problems/negativity.

I have not flame anyone and I have done my best to reply. And if that is not good enough its my problem.

And if you want to talk about leadership then its also important about what reply comes out of it. Adding short statements is not effective either.

I could ignore it all dont get my wrong but I posted to clarify and posted this so as said we should all be able to post ideas whether it be silly or not. And to be respectful. And if ideas are not good it can be talk about not its not the vision of the game, your posting too much, etc. This is what I mean.

Show me what constructive message was posted to me????? The only one was from the user with Bill Tarling. His replied later on was respectful. Everyone else was your not listening or some short statement. Hawk pm me and I just PM him to clarify.

I dont mind if i get a post saying it cant be done. But that was not the post at all.

So if we want to show leadership then we all need to brush up our skills then hey??? :)

And also are you willing to admit you make mistake also? As you said things about me like naive and skirting around the point that is not true.

And this will be the end of my replies on this matter to show leadership as you want. :) To know when to end it. And if other still find my post confusing PM. Thanks!

Lastly:

I dont mind criticism but let it be constructive. No one has point out why my ideas cant work, it just not the vision. Its all statements of, I DONT LIKE IT. Why not posting something helpful instead? A better way perhaps??? Or enter a discussion of why it just not possible? Dont add things like I am being naive when no proper discussion can be discuss.

I will end here as it is going off topic. Anything more that needs to be said PM. I wasted alot of time explaining everything I hope others can do the same for each other too.

Thanks!

This has not been done so if you want to show leadership then prove it and talk constructively.

Again I have done my best to reply and reply so everyone who replied can understand.

I make mistakes all the time and freely admit it. Not an issue.

I made remarks about a post and how it was worded or the content of it. I made no disparaging remarks about you personally.

I suppose what we view as "constructive" and what others view as "constructive" is completely subjective. I guess we'll take that under advisement.

And I also too make mistakes thats makes two of us then. :) And I cant see what I have done wrong on my part of posting the ideas just that user are saying its no the vision, stop the caps, posting too many post! rolled eyes, Its annoying me! Your not listening.

All I done was post an idea that can expand on the future of LD and it just not liked at all. I have not spammed, I have not listed silly ideas to make more post.

There is a standard on being constructive that's what I mean. Like what we are doing now that is constructive. Its not just your just not listening. And then I post well your just this and this and that. That is not constructive.

You discuss things and talk about things, not close statements, added emoticon like roll eyes with unclear statements.

You want to discuss so the other person can understand.

Dictionary:

having or intended to have a useful or beneficial purpose.....

So I hope others can see that I am wanting to provide good feedback as I spent time doing so not just being a spammer. Now also if my ideas are far too fetch then i urge those users who posted and complaint about my ideas. What ideas are you submitting currently that will improve and help LD???????

Its easy being criticized but now its your turn on ideas SPEAK UP! And see if your ideas are exciting and able to future proof the game????

Been an hour now replying to all these replies. And long ones too.

By-and-large, people don't like to be yelled at. When a person SPEAKS UP, more often than not, they're just arousing resentment and inspiring ignorance that they don't know the basic rules of the internet. Things like:

Never use all caps. Especially in a forum topic title.

Its not, unfortunately but it should be, reserved only for forum admins to make a post title in all caps.

Okay, some constructive feedback for you:

1) Do not shun people for having a different opinion.

2) Do not tell people how they should behave. Stop with all these "This is a sticky, post your ideas here!" and "Be constructive!" etc. You have no responsibility or authority to dictate how this forum is ran.

3) Realize that Hinterlands is a small independent studio with limited budget and manpower, so wishing for features that even big companies are struggling with is a waste of space.

4) Idea should improve on the existing game, not change the entire concept.

5) This game is not even in beta, it is pointless to speculate about the distant future.

EDIT: Yes, you should change ALL your thread titles to be in no-caps.

I cannot treat this seriously.

Let's say there's a website about upcoming Need For Speed game. There is already a beta, that shows what's going on, there's a devblog, where devs say what are their plans, there's a community that's happy with the game.

Now the guy comes and posts stuff about adding rockets and bicycles to NFS and posting that they should look up "Kerbal Space Program", cause that game is so successful! Also we should totaly implement mechanics from Quake, cause that game is also cool. Is it worth discussing?

This is not it. That's not the game. It wont happen, cause neither do devs want it nor their target audience. This is other game. You eat and drink both in DayZ and TLD? Fine, but that doesn't make those games similar, you obviously don't understand what's TLD.

I cannot treat this seriously.

Let's say there's a website about upcoming Need For Speed game. There is already a beta, that shows what's going on, there's a devblog, where devs say what are their plans, there's a community that's happy with the game.

Now the guy comes and posts stuff about adding rockets and bicycles to NFS and posting that they should look up "Kerbal Space Program", cause that game is so successful! Also we should totaly implement mechanics from Quake, cause that game is also cool. Is it worth discussing?

This is not it. That's not the game. It wont happen, cause neither do devs want it nor their target audience. This is other game. You eat and drink both in DayZ and TLD? Fine, but that doesn't make those games similar, you obviously don't understand what's TLD.

But one has to admit strafing and rampjumps would be awsome on mystery :D

To Op:

For me, I think you could even respect the ideas and intentions of the developers a bit more, if you would inform yourself a little bit more about all the discussions and background of the game we already had about all your topics.

And why not brutal ? In my opinion it even should be made more scary when one dies between the teeth of a wolf or becomes lost, freezing and blind, dying in a snowstorm, etc :twisted:

I'm assuming by the low number of posts most of you people have made (in comparison to older members) that you guys are all fairly new ( a month or so). Just so you know, this is not the Steam forums, you cannot start arguments for the sake of arguing. Until about a month and a half back, the community was relatively peaceful.

Now I am asking all of you, please, stop bringing the flame wars to this forum.

Personal attacks and intentional bashing will not be tolerated on this forum by the community at large

Pull yourselves together, and start acting your age, not like toddlers. I've been on this forum for about 3 months, so I haven't as much of the authority of senior members, not by a long shot, but the behaviour I have seen amongst some of the newcomers is disgraceful.

This is a discussion forum, not a place for you to fan your egos or opinions at the detriment of others.

now that I have got that out of my system, I would like to apologise to those who have been keeping the peace, if I have tarred you with the same brush as certain... others... [squints at a certain number of names]

but I hope that people in general can come together as a whole and support each other without tearing down people's suggestions.

I am sorry if my post turn out that way EternityTide and I got permission from the developer to post my idea. They said post ahead! :)

I did not want to start a flame war or argue for the sake of arguing or post poinless ideas. So I took alot of time trying to help others understand and I hope they did.

Just posting ideas and if it cant work then so be that.

If there was any bad remarks I made I apologize I tried to keep things mature as again I took alot time trying to respond to my ideas not being like.

So if I done wrong do point out any comments thanks....

Archived