Alternative for waiting out storms

SulphuricChipmunk

Ok, I've found that sometimes I get bored when I'm stuck inside, and there's a storm outside, or I'm just trying to warm up after being cold or freezing, and I think it'd be fun if there was some sort of instrument that you could "play" (or if you want to make a fully fledged instrument simulator, be my guest) like a harmonica or guitar. It would make just sitting inside a little less boring than sleeping or sitting.

Even just an option to "wait", maybe in half-hour-long increments, to have time go by. As it is, if I have nothing to cook, repair, harvest, or craft I sometimes end up sleeping to pass time through a storm. Not having to pull out a bedroll or find a bed to just pass some time would be a nice alternative (not to mention being able to wait for smaller sized increments versus sleeping).

Or what about taking your knife and a piece of Cedar or Fir and whittling something. Hard to implement but that's what I'd do to pass time.

Then you could put your hand crafted figurine on your dresser in your home.

I usually work on something, I'm working on a spare wolf-skin coat at the moment. If you're in someplace w/o a workbench, hmm. Would be nice to have some sort of leisure activity. Les Stroud Harmonica session? A solitaire game of some sort?

Or what about taking your knife and a piece of Cedar or Fir and whittling something. Hard to implement but that's what I'd do to pass time.

Then you could put your hand crafted figurine on your dresser in your home.

difficult it'd be to implement a purely decorative item into the game, one that you have uploaded through a tool, and that's the shape you are carving.

It as it is only decorative it could be a local item in one of the buildings?

Sure it would be decorative but not just that. It would mark "that storm" or "that time you were recovering from 2 wolf bites", etc. Every time you looked at it you would be reminded of when you made it and what it signified. It would enrich the experience.

i'd like to see some sort of "map" where character able to read the newspapers, with articles about the geomagnetic event and stuff.

Ummm, the geomagnetic event is what caused him to crash... and newspaper deliveries aren't too frequent in the area (especially since travel is mostly restricted by foot for now), and most press plants are electrical based rather than one at a time manual ink pressed copies ;)

There are the old newspapers scattered around, so maybe the devs will let us see a few little articles or snippets in story mode though :)

i'd like to see some sort of "map" where character able to read the newspapers, with articles about the geomagnetic event and stuff.

Ummm, the geomagnetic event is what caused him to crash... and newspaper deliveries aren't too frequent in the area (especially since travel is mostly restricted by foot for now), and most press plants are electrical based rather than one at a time manual ink pressed copies ;)

There are the old newspapers scattered around, so maybe the devs will let us see a few little articles or snippets in story mode though :)

i mean more of a "before the storm" style. like articles about how a geomagnetic storm is about to happen and what scientists think it will be like and stuff.

i mean more of a "before the storm" style. like articles about how a geomagnetic storm is about to happen and what scientists think it will be like and stuff.

There (most likely) wouldn't have been any notice/expectations of a storm [otherwise planes would have been grounded, supplies would have been stocked up, etc.]

That being said - the story mode will have some material available - plus that's where the character starts learning about the event and cause... so once the story mode is completed, the devs may possibly include some random material in sandbox mode, although it likely wouldn't be about the event itself.

Archived