Is there an actual melee system yet?

Thor

Then you may need to wait for a while... The devs have said the melee and fighting mechanics/UI will be redone later on (these are some initial test settings so that the function is at least present for now). It's just not first priority as they still have more wildlife being added, and so forth - so they haven't set up a final melle approach for the alpha versions right now.

• 4 weeks later...

It could be interesting--- it would really depend on how it is implemented. I am alright with where things are at now-- It's different than other games, and that's a plus imo. I think the current system highlights the importance of avoiding close encounters, which needs to stay as the best practice.

The last thing I want to see is being able to run around madly chopping at everything with whatever tool I have like every other game.

The last thing I want to see is being able to run around madly chopping at everything with whatever tool I have like every other game.

+1 to this. If we're going to have melee weapons we can swing and fight with, there needs to be some big penalties or downsides to it as well (weight, fatigue cost, etc).

Archived