Can't fire though railings

Greavette

I was in the lookout tower at Costal. Heard a wolf running around, just outside the door. Turns out it was all the way down at the bottom of the stairs - the sound should be adjusted for this...either I shouldn't hear it or it shouldn't sound so close....it's just not natural.

Anyway. I went all the way down to the bottom of the stairs and I saw the wolf waiting for me. I pointed the gun through the railing at point blank, but the bullet wouldn't go through the railing...twice...and the wolf was completely still. This isn't really too important, but the wolf was completely waiting for me...and, of course, since I couldn't shoot it...it was a hand to hand knife fight....

It would have been nice to have been able to shoot the wolf through the railing.

There's also an Island just around the corner from Commuters Lament that I can't get to because of thin ice. Even if it's a red herring, I'd still like to be able to walk around on it.... have the thin ice on the other side of the island...It wouldn't take much and the game would still be interesting...

Yep, i found that you can't fire though railings at the two lookouts as well and can confirm it. Especially if you are very close to an obstacle sometimes the hit-detection is off.

As for the thin ice, its a way to limit the borders of the map. I agree that it is a better solution than to just add mountains all around the terrain. Even worse would of course be, to have areas that look walkable, but are blocked by invisible walls as many games do it (bad design imo). The new mechanics where you are breaking into the ice and then have to take off your clothes and dry them at a fire are not too bad -- althou one might argue that there could be a lot more happening presentation-wise when you are actually do break-into the ice. Like a bone-shuddering "eeek" scream and a big splash~~! :) Ye, i like game amothsphere be supported by accurate sounds.

(google translate),.oO( I agree with joki stick with Greavette, turned my gun balloon between the railings and killed the wolf )

Hey pinoy fluffy, nice to meet you. Sadly i don't understand filipino (tagalog) as many other people here probably don't either. Can you try it in english? :)

Ya, well. It keeps happening while the uberwolf keeps garding the lookouts :P~

But i've heard tale, that they will have a new behaviour yet again in the next release. (Run in circle & sniff their butt? Love to bathe in ice water?)

Archived