Zoomed view (with rifle) ignores mouse sensitivity

joki

V.183:

Hi, I have a very high dpi mouse, therefore i have to play on 2% mouse sensitivity. This works fine for normal play, but when i zoom in by aiming the hunting rifle (right click) the sensitivity is crazy high, making it impossible to aim. The game seems to ignore the mouse sensitivity setting, while zoomed in.

On a related note: Could you replace the sensitivity with 0-100% concrete values with a (floating point) slider and scale it way down? The value for my mouse to actually play the game well lies somewhere between 1% and 2% (1 is too low and 2 is too high).

I've moved this to feedback as it's more of a preference issue than a bug. We'll have to look into it. I know with some mice (i.e. my Logitech G700s) I can adjust settings on the fly. Maybe you can do that?

Yea, i can do that. But this still does not entirely resolve the rifle issue.

The only thing that might be a work-around would be to just adjust the slider, until it works fine while using hunting rifle, and then use the dpi switch on my mouse until it is somewhat playable. :)

I have just noticed, it seems to be a duplicate: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3187

It's an issue about mouse acceleration. You can aim if you move the mouse slowly, but should you move your hand too fast then the aim gets totally out of control for no reason. It's very easy to check and replicate this, just move your aim slowly between two trees, then do the same faster and you'll notice that the mouse did a much smaller move in the latter case.

The scope mode seems to enable a brutal mouse acceleration, which is a shame really. It's a serious game bug, not a personal preference, unless you enjoy FPS games where you need to stand still for 5 seconds to be able to target anything. (I could understand that for RP reasons, some random survivor without shooting experience may need that kind of time to adjust targets, but I'd rather have a "shaking" scope for that purpose.

I just got killed when leaving the derailment wagon, the last place on mystery lake I checked that had a rifle. I just couldn't hit any of the two wolves waiting for me outside because of this mouse bug.

Archived