TLD PayPal Site

Bill Tarling

Holy [censored]!!! I almost screamed when I saw yesterday's total jumped from $7,262 to $263,499 in PayPal pledges... I thought "Wow, somebody must really wants a *bleep* load of pancakes! Stretch levels galore!!!"

Yeah, I realized it was now displaying the PayPal + Kickstarter figures (which is smart and will hopefully encourage more backers who didn't know there was a KS campaign too -- hard to pledge for a game when you think there are just a few thousand dollars behind it).

Almost need to do the same for the backer totals (otherwise it looks like the "average" pledge was over $1000 per person).

Don't forget to keep spreading the word about the www.intothelongdark.com site -- it's easy to forget now that we're all gathered here in the forum.

We need to hit some more stretch goals :o)

@Pablo: *lol* I didn't want to distract any of you from the more important work... but do appreciate the updates -- sincere thanks.

I know there are so many other priorities, so I just drop in notes as I come across stuff. I mainly didn't want everyone to suddenly forget about passing on the TLD PayPal site to friends and social postings.

I wish I could have contributed more with a higher tier, but unfortunately I had to cap what I could for now. So to at least help (or feel like I'm at least trying to contribute more), I tend to repost reminders that we can still reach more levels [and give Hinterland additional funds which all go towards making their first product release even better].

Seriously though -- I don't know how you all can manage so much on your plates at once. Heck, you'll hardly have room for the pancakes too. You're all doing an amazing job juggling so much -- at least I can cheer you on from the sidelines :o)

I've added the total Kickstarter backers to the TLD website.

Awesome (saw that shortly before your post)... :o)

Since there is currently less activity on the crowd funding site, it might be a good idea to add a CTA [call-to-action] placed in the top of the left side column of the forum -- linking (opening in another browser tab) to the intothelongdark CF site.

That way any new visitors finding the forum will always have direct visibility for joining in on the backing, without having to read through posts (and only accidentally finding the link to the PayPal CF site.

SIDE NOTE: @Pablo: if possible, we should add a target="_blank" setting to the link option in the link portion for this comment section. That way the users open links to a new tab instead of having the link take them away from the forum. I automatically add it to the link code, but not all users will be familiar with the needed target code.

for the link to TLD website, it wont be a problem, I'll hardcode it in.

Just a though [approach]... we can't call in the running totals to the forum from the intothelongdark site, but maybe a workable manual workaround would be for you [admin posting access only] to make a post withe the running totals (and a "clcik here for more backer info" type link) -- the tag the post as a Permanent Sticky and have that sticky appear in the top left column.

It would still mean manually updating the figures (maybe once or twice a day by the admins, or whenever they have time) by "editing" that post -- which, in turn, would edit the left column figures displayed.

Again, it's all strictly marketing: as new users come to the site, it generates excitement and interest as we approach the next stretch goals... so they're more likely to find out more about becoming a backer as well.

It also adds additional excitement and conversations in the forum itself -- just think how often we were all checking in for the latest KS figures, and getting all excited every time they climbed closer to a goal.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I wanted to point out the raise total is up to $268,869 now, only $6,131 from the $275K stretch goal.

We had recent 5K backer (not sure yet if they want to remain anonymous, so can't say who right now).

I wanted to point out the raise total is up to $268,869 now, only $6,131 from the $275K stretch goal.

We had recent 5K backer (not sure yet if they want to remain anonymous, so can't say who right now).

*bump*

I used the Tweet and Facebook icons in the post...

C'mon everybody -- nows the perfect time to pester all our friends again, and put up some more tweets and facebook posts... Remind them about the intothelongdark... Lets keep the momentum growing -- We're almost at the next stretch goal!!!

Crowd Funding Totals: $270,634 || 7,234 Backers

$4,366 to go for hitting the 3rd stretch goal to have the game translated in German, Italian, French, and Spanish.

Plus, don't forget we also get the TLD Radio Play with award-winning voice talents like Mark Meer, Elias Toufexis, Jennifer Hale, and David Hayter pulled into the sound studio to create a radio play from The Long Dark universe.

Remind all your friends they can still get in on the action!

www.intothelongdark.com

*bump*

Crowd Funding Totals: $270,929 || 7,245 Backers

$4,071 to go for hitting the 3rd stretch goal to have the game translated in German, Italian, French, and Spanish.

We also get the TLD Radio Play with award-winning voice talents like Mark Meer, Elias Toufexis, Jennifer Hale, and David Hayter pulled into the sound studio to create a radio play from The Long Dark universe.

intothelongdark

@BillTarling mate I'm doing my part, but what are the #'s we are using to get a conglomerate of tweets, FB post and so on ?? #TLD #TheLongDark #BeardsNBraids #Survival ??

PS @TLD team, i like how using # it gives us scope to search within the Forum, so knowing that, ill be using them more to quickly search my most used, watched threads :) #HashTags

TLD Stretch Goal Update

For those who haven't been able to keep track, the latest crowdfunding for TLD is (at time of the post) $271,444 -- just $3,556 away from the next stretch goal!!!

If you want to help give another push to the project, consider posting an update on your personal Facebook page. Just as an example (feel free to reword any way you want), here's the type of post update I've placed on my own FB...

Reminder that Hinterland game 'The Long Dark' still has crowd funding options open for you to join in.

The backers physical goods (a lot of great stuff including signed artwork, posters, and TLD t-shirts to name just a few items) are already being prepared for shipping so most backers should receive them before Xmas if you get in on time.

They're only about $3,500 away from hitting the 3rd stretch goal to have the game translated in German, Italian, French, and Spanish.

We also get the TLD Radio Play with award-winning voice talents like Mark Meer, Elias Toufexis, Jennifer Hale, and David Hayter pulled into the sound studio to create a radio play from The Long Dark universe.

The 4th stretch goal International Reach, Phase 2 — All game text translated + subtitles in Russian, Swedish, Finnish, and Dutch.

Alpha game version release for backers is tentatively slated for spring 2014, and the backers Beta release is slated for summer 2014 -- definitely consider one of the alpha/beta backing tiers to get your hands on the game long before its public release.

For real gaming techies, TLD will also be supporting Oculus Rift game play.

http://www.intothelongdark.com/

If we all bump up with a post on our social pages, we can go for the next stretch goal as well... everything goes towards making the final release even better, so we're all working towards making TLD such a huge industry success that we'll have years of TLD to come!

[and don't forget to tweet your backing reminders as well] :o)

• 8 months later...

Archived