(v.183) Wolves (and especially Fluffy) are very predictable

nenquel

Hello again,

I'd like to discuss wolves a little. They are very predictable and hence easy to deal with. Wolves are only dangerous if you happen to run around a boulder and meet a wolf than instantly pounces you.

1. If you meet a wolf on a frozen lake (easiest scenario) you walk towards it, wait for the bark and then aim for it's face while it walks towards you in a straight line.

2. If you hear a bark as you leave a house, you turn around go back into the house, sleep for an hour (resetting the wolves positions) and try to leave the house safely again.

3. When you go into the dam, you run down both stairs and wait for Fluffy to come around the corner. It's an easy shot to hit and even if you don't kill him with one shot he has 30% max left when he pounces you. If your condition is anywhere above 40% you can kill him and survive with a single bullet and no knife or hatchet.

4. While harvesting for wood or from a dead animal Wolves do not move (and cannot attack you either).

My suggestions:

1. Wolves that barked at you before you entered a house should wait close by (not in front of the door, though) for at least 4-6 hours.

2. Wolves should avoid straight lines when you are facing them.

3. Fluffy shouldn't always spawn at the same spot inside the dam (just don't let him spawn at the entrance).

4. Wolves should move during harvesting. Harvesting should stop immediately if a wolf barks at you (so you can run away or shoot before it pounces you).

With these changes Wolves become more dangerous and this would allow you reduce the number of wolves spawning. (on Coastal Highway there seems to exist one wolf for every house... it's crazy)

Wolves avoiding straight lines? I don't think wolf has a knowledge of our intentions of shooting him and that he might consider zig-zaggin to avoid gunfire :D

You might want to check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3236

I had seen that thread before, but I don't think a complete animation overhaul is necessary. Thanks, though!

Maybe the fix for the straight lines isn't such a good idea, but as long as they don't rush towards but only stalk you it would be natural for a predator to hide in grass or behind trees. In a similar way it may be plausible to have them move towards you in a bow (like one of these brackets ( ).

I found the dam for the first time last night and had no idea there was a wolf down there. Fluffy scared the hell out of me. Speaking of Fluffy, is Fluffy a special boss kind of thing or is it just a normal wolf that you all have named Fluffy?

I found the dam for the first time last night and had no idea there was a wolf down there. Fluffy scared the hell out of me. Speaking of Fluffy, is Fluffy a special boss kind of thing or is it just a normal wolf that you all have named Fluffy?

Haha :D

Ye man, even though I know Fluffy, I poop my pants everytime.

Well she's normal... but very special <3

Archived