Spawning When entering Loggers Cabin w/ Flare (Fixed v0.03)

TattooedMac

I Came down from the Lookout, in the same day, was night when I reached Loggers Cabin, lit a flare to help warm up (couldn't forage wood even though I had a hatchet ?? Wt?) as well as to see where I was going. Came past the first logs, passing on the right of them, then went up to the chins, and I think it was the cabin on the right when facing the Log Hut, went to the door, and clicked to opn the door, loading screen came up, then after 20 seconds, I was back in the game but somewhere in the Woods ??? (can't tell because debug isn't working on Mac build yet).

I took all my food and water and dosed up and walked and I think I was at the Start point above Cedars Corner . . .But wolf ate me so I couldn't find out.

Playing through again

So Flare in hand, sprained ankle good fatigue, hunger and thirst (only in slight yellow) and Entered Can=bin flare in hand and ended up in the woods somewhere.

⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎ Spec's ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

Scrap that, it happens without a Flare and was this time the Cadin facing the Wood Hut. It Loaded as if going into the Cabin and I end up back at the start point above Cedar 2 and 3rd time through . . . . I slept for 2 hrs in the lookout and use that as the save point and then this happens with the below data is best I can show.

aDZjozn.png

Guest Alan Lawrance

Narnia, indeed. I actually just tracked this one down. Steps necessary for this to occur:

1. Enter an interior from outside

2. Save game inside interior

3. Quit game (either manually, or after dying) -- while still inside the interior

4. New game -- next door you try to enter will re-load the outdoors instead of putting you in the correct interior.

The root of this problem is kind of a long story, but basically we "remember" the previous scene when you enter an interior, since the interiors can be instanced and loaded from any other scene. Then when you leave the interior, we use that "remembered" scene name to know what scene to load. The problem is that remembered data is not properly cleared between game sessions.

Fixed for v0.3 :)

Guest Alan Lawrance

Oh, and thank you for the details on this one Brent... it really helped me track down the root cause.

Narnia, indeed. I actually just tracked this one down. Steps necessary for this to occur:

1. Enter an interior from outside

2. Save game inside interior

3. Quit game (either manually, or after dying) -- while still inside the interior

4. New game -- next door you try to enter will re-load the outdoors instead of putting you in the correct interior.

The root of this problem is kind of a long story, but basically we "remember" the previous scene when you enter an interior, since the interiors can be instanced and loaded from any other scene. Then when you leave the interior, we use that "remembered" scene name to know what scene to load. The problem is that remembered data is not properly cleared between game sessions.

Fixed for v0.3 :)

Oh, and thank you for the details on this one Brent... it really helped me track down the root cause.

Thats pretty cool how you worked that one out. Very cool and interesting.

My pleasure, is why I'm here and thank you so very much too :D

I had this bug in the beginning of my testing period. And it was to komplex to understand it and reproduce it. Glad, that we’ve nailed and fixed it.

Keep up the good work everybody. I really enjoy being part of this Hinterland/Long Dark/Red Fox Task Force family.

Archived