[Mac] v.02 - Cant Place a Bedroll

TattooedMac

Im at the loggers Cabin area, and in the Wood open hut, I set a fire up to get warm, and I went to Inventory>Bedroll>Place and I moved it around and got the [glow=green]Green[/glow] letting me know I could place it, so I went and clicked place, and it instead dropped it, and when I put my cursor on it, it wouldn't allow me to sleep, but instead it picked it up again.

Ill add when I placed it, it was green as a layer out swag would be in the sleeping position, but when I placed it, it was a rolled up bedroll and hence not letting me sleep in it. Log Hut at Loggers Cabin was the area . . . .

⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎ Spec's ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

Guest Alan Lawrance

This bug was hot-fixed for v0.2 on the PC -- sorry it didn't make it into v0.2 for OSX. This will be fixed in v0.3 for OSX, which will be out soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Going to throw this back into the fro ~ Alan/Raph cannot even place a bedroll anymore. In v0.2 I could place it, but when I did, it was a bedroll (swag rolled up) but now in v0.3 I can't even let go off it. I tried on the flat, underneath the Train Bridge which seemed like a concrete base, in the open, but know where could I place the bedroll. So changing the 15º to 25º might have broken something else . . . .. >_

Guest Alan Lawrance
Going to throw this back into the fro ~ Alan/Raph cannot even place a bedroll anymore. In v0.2 I could place it, but when I did, it was a bedroll (swag rolled up) but now in v0.3 I can't even let go off it. I tried on the flat, underneath the Train Bridge which seemed like a concrete base, in the open, but know where could I place the bedroll. So changing the 15º to 25º might have broken something else . . . .. >_<

Are you able to reproduce this? I'm not seeing any problems with bedroll placement on Mac or PC.

Are you able to reproduce this? I'm not seeing any problems with bedroll placement on Mac or PC.

Alan I am able to place a Bedroll inside a building, on the floor and on a bed, but when I'm outside, I can only place a bedroll when its basically underneath me, as seen in the below screenshots.

Can place a Bedroll when its here, in reference to where I'm standing . . . But. . .

i8X1Zkt.png

I can't place a Bedroll when its only a foot or 2 away from me, like below . . . I would think, or would of thought, no matter when its green, it should be able to be placed, but that isn't the case . . .

1WFlUJt.png

Guest Alan Lawrance

We tint objects yellow when they are in a valid location, but too "far" to allow realistic placement. The problem is the yellow tint isn't reading very well. A secondary problem is we probably need to increase the allowed drop distance for bedrolls vs. lanterns -- right now the have the same placement range.

Another thing that could help with this is render objects wireframe while in "place" mode, so the red/yellow/green colorization is more obvious, and it also helps reinforce that you're in a special visualization mode.

So not technically a bug, but it's a usability issue.

I hadn't realized it was yellow being shown -- to be it always looked like red and 2 different shades of green (one light and one dark).

When building a fire, there seems to be 2 main colors for placement [red + green], so i was never sure why the bedroll seemed to have 2 different greens but only the dark one worked for placing. That explains it now.

Archived