Reclaimed wood stacks

robdoar

Guest Alan Lawrance

Yeah, there are actually two separate reclaimed wood items... same properties, but different mesh. It's confusing they are named the same... something we need to address.

Guest Alan Lawrance

It's a cool idea to have different kinds of reclaimed wood, but in this case the difference was purely meant for visual variety of the same type of reclaimed wood. However, our gear system only supports one "mesh" for display, so the only way to get visual variety was to create a duplicate gear object with a different mesh. We may want to update our gear system to support "variants", so we can randomly choose from a pool of meshes... just for visual variety.

It's a cool idea to have different kinds of reclaimed wood, but in this case the difference was purely meant for visual variety of the same type of reclaimed wood. However, our gear system only supports one "mesh" for display, so the only way to get visual variety was to create a duplicate gear object with a different mesh. We may want to update our gear system to support "variants", so we can randomly choose from a pool of meshes... just for visual variety.

I certainly appreciate visual variety.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather have a single visual mesh, and a less cluttered inventory system, but that may just be me.

Archived