Gun not rare enough anymore

pikkue

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you guys can help me. Im currently 97 days in stalker mode, and I have yet to find a rifle. Im going to describe the places I have looked, and please chime in if you have seen rifles in other locations I might have missed.

Started at Mystery Lake: Near Alans cave. Found a crowbar inside the little exposed hut with a roof on top, and some food. Took crowbar straight to fluffy face inside the dam. Searched everywhere inside the dam, included a spot near some barrels on the lower level, where I have seen the rifle in the past. Slowly carefully walked around the exterior large room checking floors and corners for weapons. Same with both catwalks, as well as the staircases and negative space next to / beneath them. Found one shell on top of a barrel , and typical loot at the end of the catwalks.

Next : Went to 3 trailers near the clear cut. Took me 2 days to search entire area because of wolves. Went through each, searched around each one, and found a backpack with candy near the fence/road. Dead corpse inside the broken building had wood and a knife.

Next: Traveled to Clearcut. Found a body with a coat.

Next Traveled to Lookout Tower. Checked all the fences leading to the top. Found a backpack, checked the top, no corpse, nothing on the ground. Searched the stairs, and exterior balcony - nothing. No gun on the rack either. Looted the place - no sowing kits just food and matches ect.

Next Traveled to Lonely Cabin (name?) nearby the unnamed pond. Nothing of significance besides an MRE. Checked the area outside 2 bodies.

Traveld to un-named pond. Disappointingly nothing inside the small structure with a roof on top. Found wood on the ground nearby. Nothing in the area. Traveled along the stream looking for a corpse . None.

Re-directed to Trappers Cabin. No gun on the wall either. Checked the fence outside for good measure. Backpack in the snow behind the cabin.

Days later went to check out the tunnel collapse. Absolutely no loot, soul crushing. clothing starting to become wrecked.

Went to Camping office, searched entire building, combed outside. Searched under the stairs leading to the second floor for a rifle. No luck. Looted building. Made trips back to Trappers. Returned days later and checked the cave behind. Nothing.

Searched all the fishing huts, and searched all the lake cabins. 2 were burned down

Searched the single lake cabin : Searched behind said cabin, no corpse or gun.

Checked Alains cave for good measure. Nothing

Found the bunker near the rail tracks in the direction approaching the train wreck. Could see it from the road on the hillside. No rifle inside the bunker it was a small stash of food water, and some matches. Unimpressive.

Checked inside the box car of the train wreck and careful checked outside looking for any corpse or something . Took loot but no rifle was there.

I am at a total loss as to where this thing could be. I already went back and searched each location over again. For the record I have also been unable to find a sowing kit either. Honestly shocked I'm 97 days in right now...

Yes, I've found one rifle in each of the two games I've played in PV. Found one next to a corpse, the other one in the farmhouse.

No spoilers mate ;)

Found the one in the farm as well today. Was actually there all the time, just overseen it.

I don't think the main problem is guns being not rare enough overall, but rather the extremely different amount of guns and ammunition available between different savegames/players.

Some guys are extremely lucky, finding more than 8 rifles and 150+rifle rounds alltogether.

Others have a hard time finding even one rifle and 20 rounds although they checked all possible spawn points.

I undestand that "luck" is also an important aspect of survival, but to me the current differences are quite ridiculous.

I would very much appreciate it if the total amount of rifles/bullets would be (at least rudimentally) about the same in all savegames. Something like 1 rifle per map (of course at random locations) and about 50-80 rifle rounds randomly distributed among all maps.

My current savegame only had 2 rifles and 35 rifle rounds which is probably going to limit my survival time to about 200 days or so. When I die, I'll certainly try different savegames the next time before I decide which one to keep.

On which difficulty level? I'm playing on Stalker and I think its fine the way it is.

Its not like having a rifle and bullets is the only way to play the game. You should start over, reroll your character and play on Stalker and if you see a rifle, leave it where it sits. Also, don't collect ammo. See how long you can survive.

I bet you can make 200days without even having a rifle in the game.

I'm pretty sure some people are missing rifle rounds, which is why they have so much less.

Here are some unusual places I've found ammo:

[spoil]- in fishing shacks, five different places (inside the cabinets, single rounds between the cabinets, single round under the stove, box on the shelf near the door, box on the floor on the far side of the cabinet (across from the stove - hard to see, you have to mash yourself up against the back wall to see it))

- in the abandoned lookout, in the space under the overturned shair

- in the dam, I almost always find 15-20 rounds (look under shelves, around boxes, on top of barrels, in the safe - you have to really look around with a lantern)

- next to corpses, especially in Coastal Highway

- on the ground next to the derailment (north side, where most of the loot is, but closer to the top of the small hill in front of the rail car)

- in the pallet boxes in various places (Trapper's Homestead, hunting blind)[/spoil]

There's probably more, but this is all I can remember

I don't think the main problem is guns being not rare enough overall, but rather the extremely different amount of guns and ammunition available between different savegames/players.

Some guys are extremely lucky, finding more than 8 rifles and 150+rifle rounds alltogether.

Others have a hard time finding even one rifle and 20 rounds although they checked all possible spawn points.

I undestand that "luck" is also an important aspect of survival, but to me the current differences are quite ridiculous.

I would very much appreciate it if the total amount of rifles/bullets would be (at least rudimentally) about the same in all savegames. Something like 1 rifle per map (of course at random locations) and about 50-80 rifle rounds randomly distributed among all maps.

My current savegame only had 2 rifles and 35 rifle rounds which is probably going to limit my survival time to about 200 days or so. When I die, I'll certainly try different savegames the next time before I decide which one to keep.

It doesn't necessarily limit your time, the amount of cloth and kerosene limits your time now, I say this because you can now craft torches to throw at wolves right after a fresh kill and then you can just take all his stuff.

I was rather thinking about getting attacked by a pack (or several wolves in a row) without being able to shoot at least some of them. Torches might work to scare them away, but I've already been attacked a few times although I waved a torch (and I'm not even playing stalker mode right now x-x).

But you're right of course, in theory I could probably survive longer than 200 days without bullets. I have plenty of cloth/kerosene/scrap metal in stock.

I'm just not very eager to play without a gun again, doing the silent hunter achievement was quite enough for me. As soon as I run out of bullets, I'll probably start over and finally play stalker, really looking forward to this. ;)

I think that if we can have unrealistic wolves we can have unrealistic levels of guns as well. Maybe limit the amount of possible spawned guns to 1 per map? Or simply ≤ 1 in stalker mode. I don't know if it's possible to not have any guns spawn at all but in every single save where I've lasted more than a couple weeks I've found 1 or more rifles.

Archived