"Rescue" Game Mode

lordkevnar

At some point in the game's development, I think it would be cool to have a "Rescue" play mode added. The idea would be that your plane has crashed, but eventually civilized folk will send a search party (once they get that geomagnetic mystery figured out), and all you have to do is survive for x number of days until help finally arrives. If you survive to the end, you "win" the game and get an achievement, and a very satisfying sense of accomplishment. Currently, you just sort of know you're doomed. It's just a matter of how and when. It's pretty bleak. :cry: But if we had some hope...

Easy level would require 10 days of survival to win. Medium level would be 20. Hard level would be 50 (or whatever arbitrary numbers the dev team decides on). The game interface would feature a countdown instead of a count up.

Another option would be a treasure hunt type scenario where you have to track down 4 to 6 randomly-placed batteries, and then get to the forestry look-out tower and use the batteries to radio for a rescue. All the while maintaining food and clothing and fighting off wolves.

Of course, this all assumes humanity isn't wiped out in this game world. Then it's back to the bleak, pointless fight against inevitable death. :(

• 7 months later...

I love the idea of a possible rescue mode! However I don't think it should be time or day based; rather, as was suggested some sort of objective based rescue. Possibly even a few different means of rescue with odds of it working. Preferably these would only be able to be accomplished/attempted once you had managed to craft and accomplish most of the activities offered in the game.

I really think everyone playing this game should read this series:

http://www.amazon.com/Dies-Fire-S-M-Stirling/dp/0451460413/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420094923&sr=1-1&keywords=emberverse

With the exception of guns working it's pretty similar. So figure that maybe 10% of folks in North America survived.

The Emberverse is the BEST! I'm actually rereading "A Meeting at Corvallis" (book 3 in the series) right now!

Think we have to remeber this is the sandbox mode...for testing out stuff and models...

I belive that great deal of stuff and choices will be possible in the furture story mode when that comes out.

Allso don't forget that this game is quite diffrent from other survial games...on purpose..

we're here to survie but we all die at some point :) ... so maybe this toon will live for sometime longer but eventualy we'll perish...I plan on knife and axe fight with a bear ;)

So if there was a mode where a search party would come out after you I think that you should know about how many days until they arrive but they can arrive in any zone and you would either have to find them or they would have to find you. So you could set up a signal fire or something hoping that they see it or you could wander the map proactively searching for your rescuers.

I really think everyone playing this game should read this series.

That looks like something I should check out.

As for the search party/rescue mode, how would this play out you think? Is important for the player to *know* how long until the search party arrives? Or is it better not to know?

Nice idea.

I think the player don't have to know,when he will be rescued..

like this,the player will be losing hope and BAM he will be rescued

Archived