"High" graphical settings not working in fullscreen on OSX

Eames

Specs:

- iMac12,1 with OSX 10.9.5

- i5 2.6 GHz

- 12 GB RAM

- Radeon HD 6750M (512 MB)

With Medium settings and 1.3k resolution I get about about 50-60 FPS (hard to tell exactly without console). Some more with Low. However with High, framerate drastically drops to about 10 (!). It's a slideshow. Even in menu. Ultra is slightly worse, but that means about about 5 FPS, which proportionally is less by 50%.

I started troubleshooting and trying to turn on High from time to time. I found out that the more it is into the evening, the less chance for the problem there is, sometimes even not occurring completely (not yet sure though). Also sometimes FPS is normal(ish) if I look at the sky/treetops, but drops as soon as I look down. Another time I was getting normal FPS only while looking at the very center of a hut's window. As soon as I turned, FPS dropped again.

In the end I found out that there's no problem when the game runs in windowed mode. Then the difference in FPS between Medium and High is as small as expected (about 10 less FPS). So yeah, please look into it.

Update: took some screenshots in Highway.

1: Looking here I have normal FPS:

fAUrHdj.jpg

2. Looking slightly to the right I get bad FPS:

erNuYqN.jpg

3. Still looking to the right but at the sky I get good FPS again:

kPPjUqE.jpg

Update2:

4. Sometimes (much more rarely) this happens even on Medium. Here I'm in the car near the start point – good FPS:

uloh2Vv.jpg

5. Looking slightly to the left – bad FPS:

SIMrQY8.jpg

6. Good:

5hm49M0.jpg

7. Bad:

SWOwSDW.jpg

Player.log

Archived