Comments and a couple Questions

Evolution13

I'm loving this game more and more especially with the latest update, I finally feel like I have a fighting chance against wolves! Anyway..

Toilet water: Harvesting from the top tank should give you potable water and the bowl should give you unsafe water. (me personally I'd boil all the water in there anyway, because.. ew.)

It would be nice if we could forage for scrap metal at places like the hydro damn and Quonset Gas. This could require tools and maybe a prybar.

Cooking should improve the condition of food a bit. 5-10% perhaps. Recently I cooked some meat from a frozen wolf, it was at 57% before and 100% after. Seems a bit much. Bug maybe?

I see alot of propane tanks around the houses, Are these going to be functional someday?

I had more but it's late, I'll pick this up tomorrow!

When it comes to scrap metal, I feel that it should only be a temporary solution. You don't repair knives with scrap metal and wood, you sharpen them. Same goes for hatchets - you just condition the edge so it can split wood and skulls of unworthy foes. These tools will typically last you forever (assuming you don't lose them or break them with improper use). The wooden part may break, but you can always makes yourself a new one.

So as the game progresses, I'd like to see more complex and realistic ways of taking care of your tools.

Harvesting water from toilets is weird to begin with, but yeah - we're already looking at eating human flesh as a possibility, so it's not THAT weird. I wouldn't even touch the water in the bowl, since even if it doesn't have some "leftovers" in it, there's bound to be some traces of cleaning chemicals (and all of them say not to drink, so I guess it would be a good idea not to do it)

As for propane tanks, I guess it would only make sense to make them usable, but that of course depends on developers. I'm personally more concerned about inaccessible basements :)

When it comes to scrap metal, I feel that it should only be a temporary solution. You don't repair knives with scrap metal and wood, you sharpen them. Same goes for hatchets - you just condition the edge so it can split wood and skulls of unworthy foes. These tools will typically last you forever ...

+1 for tool conditioning. In RL when hunting, my knife condition is very important for dressing out a deer quickly and cleanly.

I vote for a 'Quality Hunting Knife' drop. It could spawn with a small oil-stone as part of its kit? +melee damage and + fast butchering?

When it comes to scrap metal, I feel that it should only be a temporary solution. You don't repair knives with scrap metal and wood, you sharpen them. Same goes for hatchets - you just condition the edge so it can split wood and skulls of unworthy foes. These tools will typically last you forever (assuming you don't lose them or break them with improper use). The wooden part may break, but you can always makes yourself a new one.

So as the game progresses, I'd like to see more complex and realistic ways of taking care of your tools.

Harvesting water from toilets is weird to begin with, but yeah - we're already looking at eating human flesh as a possibility, so it's not THAT weird. I wouldn't even touch the water in the bowl, since even if it doesn't have some "leftovers" in it, there's bound to be some traces of cleaning chemicals (and all of them say not to drink, so I guess it would be a good idea not to do it)

As for propane tanks, I guess it would only make sense to make them usable, but that of course depends on developers. I'm personally more concerned about inaccessible basements :)

Water is water man, even if it gets you sick and bowl drinking would likely give you e coli or something else, dehydration is worse, but yeah food poisoning is definitely no joke. The thing about survival is you can still filter or boil the water but yeah water from a toilet bowl should need to be made potable.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to pour kerosene back out of lanterns into jerry cans, When you've got a very degraded lantern full of fuel and a brand new shiny lantern you just found that's almost empty this can be frustrating. It would also be nice to consolidate the fuel from several cans (and bottles of lantern fuel) into one.

Similarly it would be great to know exactly what we're carrying all that water in.

Currently, there are no water containers in the game - you can simply carry as much water as you please, but the entire concept of water needs more work, just like many other aspects of the game. Still in alpha - while the game does have entertainment value, the main point of buying early access is testing.

Currently, there are no water containers in the game - you can simply carry as much water as you please, but the entire concept of water needs more work, just like many other aspects of the game. Still in alpha - while the game does have entertainment value, the main point of buying early access is testing.

There are water bottles like you find when scavenging. If you drop potable water on the ground it is in the form of water bottles (each holds about a quarter of a gallon I think). I have a ton of extra potable water lying on the ground at my base, it's a cluster of maybe 20 water bottles on the floor.

There are water bottles like you find when scavenging. If you drop potable water on the ground it is in the form of water bottles (each holds about a quarter of a gallon I think). I have a ton of extra potable water lying on the ground at my base, it's a cluster of maybe 20 water bottles on the floor.

That just leaves one to wonder what the character is doing with the toilet water.

..Perhaps he/she is saving used up plastic bottles without us knowing and just using those to scoop it out without us seeing :roll:

All jesting aside, the need to have a container with limited water carrying capacity would be a wonderful addition, for reasons already explained.

Try dropping whatever ammount of water and see for yourself. Yes, each bottle can carry up to 1L of water (whatever amount of gallons that is). However, you can drop water by 0.5L and drop double the amount of bottles.

In other words, bottles are simply a representation of water in the game. They're a placeholder for whatever system is about to come (all keep in mind that the game is still in alpha). I really hope that finding adequate water containers will be a huge part of the game. Currently, you can pick and carry water as you please.

Archived