.182 Feedback

bret_hermsen

Just a few quick things from a couple of hours with .182 last night.

• Love the addition of the grass/weeds poking up through the snow, really helps flesh out the landscape.
  • Having to stalk a wounded wolf for what seems like forever before he dropped dead.
  • Some of the new itemization randomness. I was thrilled to find a hatchet in the burned out shack at the logging camp and a rifle and prybar at the derailment.
  • The burnt out cabins at Mystery Lake. Makes things more interesting on a new play through not knowing what buildings may or may not be standing.
  • The new clock/time pass screens for sleep/harvest/cooking etc.
  • The new "hot" food/drink items. I always thought that eating the Pork and Beans cold was kind of nasty and the fatigue help from coffee was nice after taking on Fluffy in the Dam. Also gives me a reason to make a small fire every once in a while instead of just cooking and making tons of water for hours on end.
  • The new crafting items. Now I actually have a reason to do some real hunting and trapping.

Dislikes:

• The time pass screen while cooking missing the time left on the fire. That was the one thing I didn't like about the new screen was not knowing how long the fire had left until whatever was cooking was done.
  • The burnt down buildings not being "accessible". Don't know if programmatically it's possible to make them more like the existing destroyed buildings where you could at least walk inside the husk and maybe find something that survived the destruction. Thoughts being maybe a metal box survived or a charred frozen body :o
  • The overload of the new itemization. While I did like finding stuff in new places for some things it felt like it went too far. Just going around the Mystery lake area I found 4 hatchets and 5 can openers. I don't think I've ever found that many before (not that I'm going to complain about the extra scrap). The 2 rifles, 3 prybars and no knives did seem about right. Haven't made it over to the Coastal Highway yet to check that out.
  • Old complaint but with the way everything else is being worked on thought I would mention. Eating and drinking dropping you out of the inventory and not seeing calorie/hydration levels. If I'm eating, especially early in the game when I'm surviving on "junk" food. It stinks eating a candy bar, not being "full enough" and then having to go back in to the inventory to eat/drink something else.

Overall I definitely like the way things are progressing and commend the team on the excellent work they are doing.

Archived