Wolf Standoff

Dragon

I happened across this several times in the past, so I decided to submit it.

It isn't so much of a bug since once you get to the standoff, any walking movement will trigger the wolf to attack.

In the case below (though not shown) I initiated movement by running away backwards.

The wolf barked and went into stalk mode, which I was able to evade until it broke off the chase. I circled around, and got the abandoned carcass.

Typically, in the past, the wolf goes right into attack charge.

[bBvideo 560,340:3tkz354i]http://vid538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/SirDragonfire/Standoff.mp4[/bBvideo]

• 2 weeks later...

It may not actually a bug that the wolf pauses and doesn't always immediately attack - the devs have brought in the safety zone for approaching a wolf eating as a setting change being tested, although perhaps the radius could be a little wider and with the wolf going into a preliminary warning growl when getting too close first.

...with the wolf going into a preliminary warning growl when getting too close first.

Now that would be nice! And realistic, a feeding wolf would warn intruders off before going after them when they get even closer. But yeah, it would be nice to have some indication when getting too close, other than the wolf attacking you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived