About crafting

JErosion

Im starting to wonder how crafting will work later down the line when we more craftible items. Will everything be unlocked from the start or will things unlock as you skill up? If you have everything craftable from the beginning new players may feel overwhelmed,

Well we don't know a lot of backstory about our character. If we're some average Joe gadding about the frozen wasteland, I doubt we'd have the skill or expertise to craft anything beyond what we do now. If I were personally in this situation, I wouldn't even be able to craft a snare or any of that fishing gear. I'd definitely have to stumble across survivalist books/magazines to be able to craft/repair anything, or even start a fire without accelerant honestly.

So maybe in the future we can pick a backstory (like project zomboid if you're familiar) and it gives bonuses/drawbacks accordingly. Eg, we can pick from a cop (+accuracy, -survival skills), construction worker (+struggle/physical attributes, -survival) trapper/fisherman (+snare/tackle crafting skills, -physical attributes) and more. Just an idea.

Well, Will is a bush pilot and most bush pilots know a thing or two about maintaining and even repairing a plane and it's components. So he should at the very least have some mechanical skills.

And if I were a bush pilot, I'd also have taken some survival classes as I'd know I might some day go down in the middle of nowhere.

Archived