Fattening Up

ototcon

Hey, I was wondering if you could add fattening up into the game, as in storing calories on the player's person. I know that games have to have balance and that making a survival sim easy kinda defeats the point of the entire game, but I have an idea.

I think it would be nice if you could fatten yourself up by eating after you hunger levels are satisfied, but only with certain foods and drinks like sodas and red meats and chips. It might necessitate a separate calorie bar for fat, but it would make it so you could store excess calories on your person. As a balance to this you would not be able to sprint as long doe to the increased weight, but the player might not notice that if you made it so the fat calories could only be added over time, say a few hundred every couple of days.

I really like this idea. I believe the devs are currently considering doing something about the starvation mechanic - i.e. when you starve too much your total condition is capped at a lower number. Fattening up could also play some role in this mechanic. For example, you can go on starving for a much longer time than normal before receiving condition cap penalty.

Archived