Wolf Interaction

Jbronco

I see your point... I actually have an expensive gaming mouse hooked up to another machine which I use for your typical FPS. I just thought that it would be nice to be able to play TLD on the go as I think the "instrospective" gameplay is suitable for this (no risk of me disturbing my fellow plane/train passengers with frantic mouse or keyboard action ;-) But I guess I could stick to "Pilgrim" mode, which is effectively what I'm doing right now...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done with this game I think. I searched the whole of the Coastal Highway map, found 15 sewing kits, 6 hatchets, 10 lanterns, 20 bullets and no rifle. I moved over to Mystery lake and found the rifle in the last place I think was left on the map. After 33 days of survival, I finally find a gun. I then harvest a deer and get jumped by two wolfs and never even get a shot off. Died immediately without even using one of my 35 bullets.

I can't bring myself to start again. That's not bad luck. It's stupid.

I then harvest a deer and get jumped by two wolfs and never even get a shot off.

No offense, but if you don't check whether there are wolves in the area before you start harvesting a deer corpse you can hardly blame it on the game.^^

Since V.200 the wolves might approach you from really far distances (100m+) if you carry raw meat - but they don't appear out of thin air. You probably overlooked them in a neighbouring valley and/or didn't consider wind directions.. something along these lines.

I can somehow understand your anger, but (as far as I can tell from your post) it would be most fair not to blame the TLD game design for your death. ;)

I survived 33 days without a rifle by avoiding wolfs. I've died by wolf many many times previously and have now become quite good at avoiding, sensing and running where necessary. I totally looted the Coastal Highway without a rifle. I wasn't carrying raw meat, was at 100% health, no fatigue. Being jumped from behind by TWO wolfs after I've just passed over the bridge from the Hydro Dam, 10 minutes after picking up the rifle is ridiculous. There was no storm so anything behind me I would have heard.

It felt like the game was deliberately hiding the rifle from me. I searched everywhere on Coastal Highway so I moved to Mystery Lake. I left the hydro dam until the end because I knew Fluffy was there. And guess where the rifle was - the Hydro Dam. I kill Fluffy, recover, get the rifle, load it, fix it up, leave the building and insta-death.

Being the last place I look on two maps is unlucky. Getting sneaked up on by 2 wolfs impossibly from behind is beyond luck.

The fact that I'm typing this suggests I'll give it another go, but basically if I don't find the rifle at the abandoned lookout or one of the islands on coastal, I'm just going to restart until I do. I spent 33 days sneaking and running away from them, and just wanted to shoot one in the face.

Archived