Cannot place latern or light it

BittyButton

I haven't seen anyone complain about this yet, so maybe it's just my game? I press lmb to light and it doesn't. It's green(like I can place it), but tells me I cannot. Plenty of fuel also. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I can light matches and flares just not the lantern. Thanks!

Lantern should light the same way you light a flare - hold the LMB until it's fully ignited - are you saying it doesn't make it to the fully lit position? Do you see the first light flicker about 1/2 way through holding the LMB?

Also, you won't be able to light it if you've clicked the RMB to place the lantern - you need to either place it unlit, or else light the lantern before placing if you want it to stay on.

No it won't light at all. I can light the flare but the lantern won't light at all no matter how long I hold lmb. I can't place it on anything either. Also can't pick up something's. About 5 mins ago I was trying to pick up a bottle of water, makes a noise like I am but won't let me pick it up. I can click on it like crazy but does nothin but make noise. Currently trying to pick up a crowbar in a bathroom and it won't let me either...very frustrating

You might need to attach your output debug log for the devs to see if they can spot anything there.

You could also check your mouse button (in case it's not always clicking), or if that works elsewhere without problem, try changing the key binding to test whether another key works okay [if same issue, then something isn't working in your copy, and the debug log might help solve the issue]

Debug Log Info: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=504

Archived