Pauly Hart's Wishlist

Pauly Hart

Greetings admins, mods, forum content users.

I love this game. I haven't had this much fun since Fallout 3. I'm a board game designer, writer, painter and musician myself so I appreciate fine work and this game is bringing it in spades. My wife gave it to me for my Christmas present and I have not been disappointed.

I am now in my fifth game. Game one I lasted two days, game four I lasted sixteen and now am on game five, with which I hope to break 30 days. Game four was pretty heart-breaking as I never found a lantern. Game five seems to be going great except that I lit my shoes on fire.

Ehm. So...

Here is the list of things that I have been working on since I bought the game two days ago.

#1 "State of Mind" or "Temperament" or "Frustration" bar above "Fatigue". I will call it the "EQ".

That's it. Nothing else is required besides adding the code to include things already there becoming interactive. Also a lot of text is required, but I am quite sure you could hire me to do all of that for you... Or just ask the forum and they would do it for free.

E.G.

#1 Newspaper - Articles in our fictitious future newspaper can include many zany things that you would find in small town publications including local sports, a periodical-type short story, and comics. You could also include "AP" news from around the country. Easter Eggs would include maybe most of the periodical story at Jackrabbit Island or something.

#2 Paintings - By staring at a painting or clicking on one, you could improve the state of mind of the character. This may also be tinged with a small dose of sadness, and by staring too long, you "cap" your EQ.

#3 Ingredients lists on cans and candy/granola bars. The enjoyment is in the reading.

#4 Books. Forgive me if I steal from the Fallout series. "Big Book of Science" was one of the things that I searched ardently for in the game when I played any character type. I would LOVE to increase ANY SKILL (including harvesting) by reading... Also the main point being buffing or leveling or lowering your EQ.

What do you think? I've put a lot of calories into thinking of this for you.

-Pauly Hart

Perhaps you could find mechanics books in the Quonset garage that teaches you about crafting, allowing you to build a whole array of new devices (I will be posting suggestions for these devices on the forum presently).

Books in the hunting cabin will teach you the means to increase the quality and amount of meat, gut and hide you can harvest (I mean, I know he's a bush pilot, but come on, he doesn't know EXACTLY how to skin a deer, or a rabbit).

Books in the logging camp would teach you how to gather more firewood and better quality wood.

Books in the forestry lookout and the camp office would teach you about animal habits and the local environment.

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps you could find mechanics books in the Quonset garage that teaches you about crafting, allowing you to build a whole array of new devices (I will be posting suggestions for these devices on the forum presently).

Books in the hunting cabin will teach you the means to increase the quality and amount of meat, gut and hide you can harvest (I mean, I know he's a bush pilot, but come on, he doesn't know EXACTLY how to skin a deer, or a rabbit).

Books in the logging camp would teach you how to gather more firewood and better quality wood.

Books in the forestry lookout and the camp office would teach you about animal habits and the local environment.

+5

Especially how for example, the Working Table in the Hoover Dam already has a book that cannot be picked up.

Archived